PDA

View Full Version : New to the list

Chippycane
02-15-05, 11:58 AM
I met two NGTO member fishing the Nantahala last week and it motivated me to finally register. I'll look forward to meeting more at events or on the stream.

Thanks for the nudge!

Louis Cahill

Windknot
02-15-05, 12:25 PM
You'll feel right at home, once these guys find out your hobby!

Some of us recognize the seriousness of the addiction to cane, and avoid it like the plague. That's all I'd need, another expensive specialized hobby!

See ya on the water.
Don

Rick Padgett
02-15-05, 12:28 PM
Welcome aboard. Hope to meet you soon out on the water soon.

Rick

The Owl
02-15-05, 12:57 PM
Louis, welcome aboard. Usually, it's the nickname that gets the compliments or funny-head-scratchin' stares...but I have to hand it to ya on your last name! What a great name for a trout fisherman! :)

Beats the pants off o' Jones. :) No offense to anyone else out there named Jones, Smith or whatever. ;)

Chippycane
02-15-05, 01:48 PM
Louis, welcome aboard. Usually, it's the nickname that gets the compliments or funny-head-scratchin' stares...but I have to hand it to ya on your last name! What a great name for a trout fisherman! :)

Beats the pants off o' Jones. :) No offense to anyone else out there named Jones, Smith or whatever. ;)

Thanks, I guess. That name is enough to get you in some trouble some places but I can't take any credit. Thanks to my Grandad for the name and my first fly rod. I guess he messed me up pretty good!

Louis :)

NickelCigar
02-15-05, 01:53 PM
Snooping your profile, cane rod builder and photographer, post a few pix of your rods if you get a chance. Lots of people on the board dig the boo!! :)

Josh Barnett
02-15-05, 03:34 PM
Welcome aboard, Mr. Cahill. Has a certain 'ring to it.

Joshua Barnett

The Owl
02-15-05, 06:04 PM
Well, I meant it as a compliment! :) Sorry if it didn't come out that way.

owl

Chippycane
02-16-05, 12:36 AM
Well, I meant it as a compliment! :) Sorry if it didn't come out that way.

owl
Sorry if I led you to belive I was offended. My humor never translates well online. Thanks for the compliment!

Louis

Chippycane
02-16-05, 12:38 AM
Snooping your profile, cane rod builder and photographer, post a few pix of your rods if you get a chance. Lots of people on the board dig the boo!! :)

Give me a few days to dig some up and I will. Thanks for the interest.

Louis

wefurr
02-16-05, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the board.
You'll want to look up Tentwing and Clarksman these guys are avid "boo"sters of our group.

granger bamboo
02-16-05, 08:44 AM
Don't let this guy fool ya. He is one fine craftsman. And what he can do with a Kodak most of us motals can only dream about. He is a great freind and wonderfull addition to this seedy bunch.
Gary

Chippycane
02-16-05, 06:07 PM
Don't let this guy fool ya. He is one fine craftsman. And what he can do with a Kodak most of us motals can only dream about. He is a great freind and wonderfull addition to this seedy bunch.
Gary

Just when you think your moving up in the world your ugly past reaches up and pulls you back down. Oh well, I guess now I can't post pictures of your rods and claim them for my own.

louis

granger bamboo
02-16-05, 06:36 PM
You can run but you can not hide. Give me a call I want to shoot this weekend.
Gary ;)

Riverman
02-16-05, 08:43 PM
Ok,i`m sittin here scratching my head and wondering just who this..Chippycane..is.Gary,,call me and fill me in..Don`t leave me in the Closet:eek:. Welcome to the board, Chippycane.

GUTHOOKED
02-16-05, 10:08 PM
Hey Louis, glad to see you made it! You should have stopped in at Brookside for some food, though. You missed out on some good eats. :)

Danny

Chippycane
02-17-05, 10:19 AM
Hey Louis, glad to see you made it! You should have stopped in at Brookside for some food, though. You missed out on some good eats. :)

Danny

Thanks, for talking me into registering. I had no idea how active this site was. Hope to see you on the stream again soon!

louis