PDA

View Full Version : Hey All!

GaMtnSteeler
02-27-05, 08:58 PM
I wanted to introduce myself as one of NGTO's newest members. My name is Terry and I moved from WestCentral Florida to Dahlonega. I was born and raised in Western Pa., and became an avid trout fisherman as a youngster. Since then I'd spent sometime in Colorado before moving to Florida. Since theres no trout streams in the Clearwater area and the highway overpasses were the closest thing I could get to any kind of elevation, we ended up moving up here in late October.

My brother turned me on to your site a few years ago as we would come up to N.Ga. and W.N.C. at least a couple times of year. The site has been a useful source of info especially the stream reviews and reports. Now that I live up here, I've decided to become a member.

I've been fortunate to fish Pa., Co., Wy. and even Alaska a couple times but I really enjoy the streams here. They are alot like the streams I grew up fishing back home.

I'll be looking for a local chapter of TU if you know of one close to Dahlonega. Thanks for doing such a great job with the NGTO website!

Sal Fontinalis
02-27-05, 10:11 PM
GaMtnSteeler,

Glad to have you on the board. I spent a season working at Camp Wahsega just outside of town there, and I try to get back up there as many weekend as possible. All the streams around the AT and the Ranger base are great fishing and some of my favorite times on the water. Look forward to seeing you around Gold Town in the future.

Chuck Morris
02-27-05, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the board. You will find quite a few Pa. people on this board, myself being one of them. I'm from near New Castle (Pulaski). Where do you hail from in Pa? Once again welcome aboard.

Chuck

Trout8myfly
02-27-05, 10:26 PM
Welcome to Georgia. I lived in Tampa for quite a while but did very little fishing there and certainly no fly fishing. But one of these days I intend go tease some redfish out of Tampa Bay.

Here's info on the Dahlonega TU chapter, plus the link for the Georgia website.

http://www.georgiatu.org/

Gold Rush Chapter
(#733)
Monthly Meetings:
1st Tuesday @ 6:30PM
Ivey Lodge on campus of
Camp Glisson
Dahlonega, GA

Tom
02-28-05, 05:38 AM
While we would love to have you over here in the Rabun Chapter of TU,
trout8myfly has given you the info on the TU chapter near you. Welcome to the Board!

Josh Barnett
02-28-05, 07:40 AM
Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you.

Is Gold Rush still active?

Joshua Barnett

granger bamboo
02-28-05, 07:46 AM
I live just down the road from you on 53. Glad to have you. Your local TU chapter is having a meeting tomorrow I think or should I say I hope so as I plan to attend.
Gary

Rick Padgett
02-28-05, 11:12 AM
Welcome to NGTO,

Glad to have you on board. Are you more familiar with broader open streams, or the smaller ones that are typical in North GA.?

Rick

riverpig
02-28-05, 09:24 PM
GaMtnSteeler,

Looks like you and I have several things in common:
1. Born and raised in PA (Johnstown for me)
2. Newbies to NGTO
3. And assuming by your username...............Go black and gold!!!!!!

Riverpig

GaMtnSteeler
02-28-05, 09:37 PM
I appreciate the kind welcome. To reply to those who asked...
I'm from Youngwood (home of George Blanda, our claim-to-fame), it's an 50 minutes SW of Pittsburgh and an hour and a half north of Morgantown, WV.
Trout8myfly, let me know if you get to the Tampa area. A softball buddy of mine is an inshore guide out of the Dunedin-Palm Harbor area. He does more snook and speckeled trout than anything, but he's a great fisherman and knows the area real well.
Gold Rush is alive and well as I attended my first this year.
In my past trips up here I've fished mostly the small- to medium streams and a couple tailraces, but I'm going to figure out where to put in my canoe to float something a little bigger.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!