PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to a NGTO Member

Joshkal
06-04-05, 06:40 PM
Hi!
My name is Josh, and I just moved to Atlanta. On a whim I bought a fly rod and went out fishing. I've always been a huge fan of trout fishing, but I grew up in Florida where the only trout are of the salt water variety. Needless to say, when I arrived at the Chatahoocie today, I had no idea what I was doing. Luckily, I ran into a NGTO member named Steve. He showed me where to fish, told me which flies were working, and he even lent me some tackle (which I lost in the trees :) ). It is nice to know that there are friendly people out there that are willing to share the fish with newcomers. I hope you're all this nice! Thanks again Steve. I look foreward to repaying the favor in the future when I'm more expirienced.
Being new to the area, and the sport, I'm looking for any advice about flyfishing for trout in the Atlanta area that people would be willing to share. Thanks in advance.

Josh

soddy
06-04-05, 09:01 PM
Well, Josh, I don't know which NGTO Steve helped you out, but I am not at all surprised, and I can assure you that the folks here are never too proud or selfish to help out a newcomer, or an oldtimer, for that matter. Glad you had a great experience, and glad you're a part of NGTO.

soddy (Walt)

Joshkal
06-04-05, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

JBRiverRat
06-05-05, 07:05 AM
Its always a pleasure to share information about this sport. I'm just sorry I couldn't get you out to where I was. I was also glad to show you Firewalker's and Skibum's secret holes. JK :)

Ya got to get you some chest high waders, then a float tube , then a pontoon, etc etc. The list of toys is endless!

Welcome to the board, there is an amazing amount of information and fellowship here. I would hate to guess at the combined years of experience of the members. lol

I check the board often, so give a shout if you need something,

JBRR
Steve

Joshkal
06-05-05, 12:55 PM
Steve,

Glad you saw my thank you. I've already ordered a vest, some more flies, and some of my own strike indicators :) . The waders are going to be up from florida soon, and then the trout are in trouble. Thanks again. Hopefully I'll see you out on the river again. If you're interested in company, let me know when you're headed out.

Josh

Rick Padgett
06-06-05, 10:17 AM
And welcome to NGTO. Don't forget that we have an abundance of smaller streams if you're willing to drive a little. You won't need a float tube there either. Georgia has some really great fishing for the South East. Bot to mention some really great folks that'll be glad to help you out!

Rick

The Owl
06-06-05, 01:28 PM
Welcome aborad Joshkal. We have another Josh, by the way, so you're aware that if someone starts trying to order flies, they're not addressing you. :) Glad you met an NGTO'r and found the site.

Can you imagine if everyone used their regular names? :)

We must have about 5 Jeffs, a couple of Ricks and about a dozen Bills! :)

btw - you can always ask questions directly to folks here, but if you want to, you can always do a search on just about any topic you want on here. Click "search" and type in "soft hackle" or " braided leader" or " tippet ", and you'll get some older, but good (usually ;) ) info.

enjoy it. it can be a great place to hang out.

Joshkal
06-06-05, 06:49 PM
Owl,

Thanks for the welcome, and the advice!

Josh