PDA

View Full Version : FFF-SEC President's Award

FlygURL
06-09-05, 08:48 PM
Lynn Scott sent this to GaWomFlys this week:Dear Members,

Not only was the Federation of Fly Fishers Southeastern Council Conclave at Callaway a fun event, our club won the President's Award for the work of club members with the Women's Outreach/Angling Program, fly tying and other programs and support over the years. In addition, our member Wanda Taylor was named Woman of the Year!

At this year's event, many members attended the Conclave (Abby Jackson, Patricia Branch, Metrela Brown, Deb Bowen, Beth Tuttle (and Jack and Julia), Bertha Page, Doug Robinson, Carol Berg, Wanda Taylor, Leslie Miller and me) and Wanda taught a beginning fly fishing class, Beth (with Leslie's assistance) taught a beginning fly tying class, and Leslie and I chaired and made a presentation at the Women's Angling luncheon. (Julia slept through the presentation but I'm sure she was dreaming about the advice we were giving.)

The President's Award is a discretionary award given from time to time and was made in recognition of all of the work of club members benefiting the FFF SE Council, including Becky Strain, Janet Piskurich, Karen Piassick, Wanda, Leslie, Beth and me, and the work of the club in general. We were quite surprised and Leslie and I accepted the award on behalf of the club. We received a nice ovation from the 140 or so people present at the dinner and the congratulatory comments of the attendees certainly made me very proud to be a member of GWFF. I expect Leslie will bring the plaque to the next meeting!

My apologies if I left out anyone who should have been listed. Congratulations to the club and all of its members! Pictures and other coverage will be in the next addition of the FFF SE Council Watermark.

Best Regards,
Lynn

huntfish
06-09-05, 09:51 PM
Congratulations on the award. Y'all deserve it!

Windknot
06-10-05, 11:54 AM
Congratulations and well done.

Tom
06-12-05, 10:12 AM
...to a most deserving group of gals. Glad to know the conclave went well. Did they give any indication of where it might be held next year?

FlygURL
06-13-05, 07:50 AM
I think that they are waiting to see the numbers (attendance/budget) from Callaway. If you have a opinion to express, send an email to Dave Duffy. If you are interested in having it in Calloway again, copy Carl Warmouth. I have his address if you do not have it handy.

The Owl
06-13-05, 09:51 AM
Kudos and Congrats!