PDA

View Full Version : I need suggestions...

Wtrlili81
09-03-05, 06:13 PM
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Hey all, I'm brand new to this room and so far I love it. Let's see I'm a young lady in my mid twenties, just grauated college ( go VOLS! ) and just moved back here. I grew up going fishing w/ dad and brothers, but it was in Tennessee that I fell in love with it. I've been quit a bit since I've been home, but just to the usual places ( HI and Hooch ). Here's my problem...I'm living in Griffin a town south of Atlanta, and I don't know much about where to fish down this way. I need suggestions if you have em'! I imagine theres not alot of fly fishing done here, but I have hope.
Thanks a-bunch.

Hillary :p

Grizzz
09-03-05, 06:39 PM
Hillary,

You have come to the right place. Sorry I can not help you with the South Atlanta area but I am sure someone will come on and help you. I would also suggest that you contact the Georgia Womens Flyfishers as they are a great group and you may find some partners to fish with. But I would think that there would also be a number of the guys online that would love to have a women fish with them. :D Also, please come to the Annual NGTO Fall Fling. I will be posting infomation about it tomorrow morning and you can see what it is all about then. It will be a great way to meet your fellow members.

Welcome Aboard

Grizzz

Wtrlili81
09-03-05, 06:58 PM
Thank you for the welcome. I will absolutely look into the Woman's Organization you mentioned. I am looking to make new friends and fishing partners, so if you know of anybody ( cute young men..lol ) that don't mind fishing with a girly-girl that likes to get her feet wet send them my way. I promise to bait my own hook, take the fish off the hook and absolutely not to whine !! ;)

Thanks Again
Hillary

Windknot
09-03-05, 10:01 PM
Welcome aboard! If you haven't visited some warm-water haunts near Griffin - the Flint springs to mind - you really ought to check it out.

Beautiful river, feisty shoal bass and neat vistas. Kent Edmonds guides there, and his website is filled with info. http://www.flyfishga.com/

The Southern branch of NGTO will be in touch, I'm sure. We have a bunch of active folks from below Atlanta. They have been know to frequent barbeque resturants down there, too!
Don

Grateful Sam
09-03-05, 11:02 PM
Go Vols? Hmmm, may not find too many friends here. ;) Just kidding, welcome, I'm sure you will have no problem finding fishing partners on here.

Hey Griz, I wanna here more about this Fall Fling, when is it?

TheEndlessEnigma
09-03-05, 11:04 PM
you will always be ... home sweet home ... to meeeee

good ole rocky top .... rocky top tennessee

Wtrlili81
09-05-05, 07:11 PM
Hey Enigma ! How was your holiday ?

dqueen
09-05-05, 08:33 PM
Waterlilly; Welcome and congratulations upon completing your degree. I live in Orchard Hill, but I'm married and old enough to be you father. You should definitely try the Flint. Spruill's Bluff is a good safe place to go if you lack a partner. There are ussually a lot of picnicers there, and the game wardens come around fairly often. The Ocmulgee R. at Juliette is also a good place to wade, but I wouldn't recommend going alone. You also need to check the river levels and make sure that Ga. Power is not generating. Check out the Ga. River Fishing website. There are some flyfishermen that frequent this website.
http://georgiariverfishing.com/phpBB2/index.php

Check the fly fishing section. There is a link to a flyfishing club in Macon. I don't remember the name offhand. There is a meeting Wednesday at the parking lot below the dam at Juliette. The thread is on GRF.

DM6156
09-06-05, 11:42 AM
Simple problem, simple solution.. MOVE! :)

You may look at joining some fishing groups/clubs. Are they any fishing stores down that way? You can alway ask the folks working there. Also go to gofishga.com and look around for some public access spots (parks, etc).

Welcome to the site.

- DM

GonetoSeed
09-06-05, 12:21 PM
Check out Fall Line Fly Anglers http://www.falllineflyanglers.com/index.html FLFA are a group of dedicated fly fishers located in and around the Macon area. They would be a great source for information for fly fishing the Flint and Ockmulgee and their tribs.

Also, there are active fly fishers on Georgia River Fishing http://georgiariverfishing.com/phpBB2/index.php

TigerDude
09-06-05, 09:34 PM
too much corn from a jar on this thread!

;)