PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

DaveK
10-29-05, 08:09 PM
Hi Gents,
I'm new to the NGTO and to fly fishing. I'm going to spend another hour or so reading recent posts about the upcoming delayed harvest, but if anyone has any tips that they are burning to share with me, please do!

I plan on doing most of my fishing close to home. We do stay on Lake Hartwell for a couple weeks in the summer, but that's in the distant future. Is there much winter fishing done around the lower Chattahooche? Or do y'all just go hunting, instead?

With Best Regards,
Dave

Grizzz
10-30-05, 04:05 PM
Dave,

Welcome. The DH section of the Hooch has great fishing all winter. If you are really wanting to learn a great deal about it, you need to come to our Fall Fling next Saturday. Two of our members will be conducting a seminar on fishing the DH and it will give you a ton of information. They will have two sessions, one at 8:30 and one at 10:30. For more information on the Fling, look under the events section.

TigerDude
10-30-05, 05:53 PM
Welcome!

This is a great board.

DaveK
10-30-05, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the invitation. This turns out to be the one weekend that my daughter has demanded out attendance at a Valdosta State football game. She's in the marching band and wants to show off for us.

Grizzz
10-30-05, 10:06 PM
Dave,

Sorry to hear you will not be able to attend the Fall Fling but I understand about your daughters demand. You have to be there for that. If you email me your address, I will grab one of the information sheets that Jeff and Mark have made up about the DH section of the Hooch and mail it to you.

baldea
10-31-05, 11:19 AM
Welcome aboard!

To fish the DH there really isn't much to it. Its a great spot to learn to fly fish. The fish cooperate and its pretty easy wading. When ever you are up to a trip post in fishing connection and I'm sure there will be plenty of resident experts that will be up to wet a line.

Flashy streamers, San Juan, Y2K or food pellet flys will get destroyed for a while until the fish see them a few thousand times.

Rick Padgett
11-01-05, 12:34 PM
Glad to have you here! Hope to meet you soon. I know what you mean about priorities, and you have yours right on. I was going to wet a line after church this past Sunday, and one of the kids came over with the grandbaby. So guess what I did? I stayed home and held that little grand daughter, (I'm the only one in the family that fishes, and she will never go fishing with me if she ain't pa pa's little girl)! Hey, gotta make sure the love of Trout Fishing stays in the famile!

Tight Lines,
Rick