PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a set of waders for my wife

H2OEng
10-05-08, 11:08 AM
Hi ladies, my wife is getting into fly fishing a little. She's meet a few of you. She was actually at the Casting for Confidence class a few months back; she's also been to a few of your meetings but between me being out of town quite a bit and the kids, time is scarce during the week.

Anyway, with DH about to get started I looking for a used set of waders for her. Figure if she really gets into it I'll pick her up a good pair (maybe for x'mus) but for now don't see the need in buying her a good set if she's not going to stick with it. She's petite, about 5'-3, 120 lbs.

If any of ya'll have an old set you've replaced I'll be happy to give you a few bucks and take them off your hands.

trout_boy II
10-05-08, 01:17 PM
My wife is about the same size as your wife and she recently got a pair of Patagucci Watermasters that we found on sale :) on the net. This is last years model, new one is "II", but basically the same thing. She loves them and for $150 on sale, they were a great buy. While I've been a Simms wader guy in the past, when the time comes, I'm going to check these out too. Their suspender system is pretty neat and their quality and warranty matches Simms from everything I've seen and experienced in the past. They ain't necessarily cheap, but quality never is.

Like Simms, these are specially contoured for a women which is a bigger deal than I thought. She had a pair of Orvis before and these fit much, much better. Add a pair of Cloudveil boots (full price dang it :indif:) and she's really happy. Since she fished a lot, I figure this is a good investment.

My $.02.

TB

David Hulsey
10-05-08, 02:31 PM
H20Eng,

I will be glad to get your wife a pair of waders at no charge.
We enjoyed meeting her at Casting For Confidence this past June. She is a true inspiration to us all.
Please contact me at Unicoi Outfitters in Blue Ridge 706-632-1880.
Also, you can reach me through unicoioutfitters@tds.net.
We have several members in the Marietta area that can help me get her waders down there. Let me know if I can help you further.

Becky Hulsey-President
Georgia Women Flyfishers

catman
10-05-08, 07:51 PM
Check out www.albrighttackle.com great wader sale going on...

H2OEng
10-06-08, 07:53 AM
Sounds like you remember Dawn from the class. Iíve had her up at Dukes a couple of times in the past month or so. Sheís doing pretty good with it. I was trying to get her up on the Toccoa next weekend but that may have changed now. Anyway, I donít mind picking her up a good pair of waders (or rod for that much) but I want to make sure sheís going to stick with it. I can always use another rod but waders for her arenít going to quite fit me.

Thanks for the offer. I mentioned it to Dawn last night; she didn't believe me until I had her check the post. She was certainly taken back.

I actually have a more pressing problem. I managed to break a section of my BIIX last night. I got lazy and didn't break down the rod after leaving IF last night, had it sticking out the back window of my truck. Got home and was pulling it out of the truck in the dark, I pushed the button to open the window but shut it instead. I actually bought the rod from your shop earlier this year, got the warrenty card but never sent it in. Anyway, I'll give you a call later this morning.

sageboy
10-06-08, 04:12 PM
Jimmy already had all my business, but after reading your last post, you've locked me in for life.

Bob

H2OEng
10-13-08, 06:02 PM
HI!! I am writing on my hubby's screen name, because for some reason I cannot post or respond to anything. :( (Maybe someone out there can help?)

I just wanted to express my thanks for the wonderful, wonderful gift of waders, boots, guards, hat and flies. I am so very, very touched that Becky, David and Unicoi Outfitters went out of their way to outfit me with quality gear. I have put my waders on about 5 times already (just since Saturday!) even though I haven't been able to hit the water in them yet. I can't wait!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you did, it was far too much, but be assured you have made me soooo happy! :rotfl: I look forward to us being able to throw out our lines together soon.

BTW, looks like gear is the photo topic of this month's photo contest. Looks like I just may have to 'model' my stuff for you all and post it there. ;)

Thanks again (and hopefully I will see you at the GWFF meeting)!

DeltaDawn