PDA

View Full Version : Chris Scalley of River Through Atlanta is our speaker tonight!

Becky Hulsey
11-08-10, 07:02 AM
Our Chattahoochee (the Hooch) is a great year-round fishery but it especially comes alive this time of year and it's just so close to many of us. Chris Scalley of River Through Atlanta has been a speaker for us several times over the years. This month he is going to emphasize more about "Where and How You Can Fish the Hooch". There are great places to wade the Hooch, there are sections with special regulations and some locations on the river can only be reached by float tubes, personal pontoons, drift boats or other types of boats. Because it is a tailwater (river below a dam) then we all need to be reminded about safety and the Corp of Engineer's generation from the dam.

Chris guides and fishes the Hooch regularly. He also heads up the Chattahoochee River Coldwater Coalition which monitors the fish food (bugs, etc) so I know he can help us prepare to "match the hatch" or have the right flies on when fishing the Hooch.

Check out our new website @ www.georgiawomenflyfishing.com to find out more about us. Our meetings start at 7pm at the Delkwood Grill on Delk Rd.

Hope your enjoying fishing Delayed Harvest time in Georgia!

scallen2112
11-08-10, 09:51 AM
Our Chattahoochee (the Hooch) is a great year-round fishery but it especially comes alive this time of year and it's just so close to many of us. Chris Scalley of River Through Atlanta has been a speaker for us several times over the years. This month he is going to emphasize more about "Where and How You Can Fish the Hooch". There are great places to wade the Hooch, there are sections with special regulations and some locations on the river can only be reached by float tubes, personal pontoons, drift boats or other types of boats. Because it is a tailwater (river below a dam) then we all need to be reminded about safety and the Corp of Engineer's generation from the dam.

Chris guides and fishes the Hooch regularly. He also heads up the Chattahoochee River Coldwater Coalition which monitors the fish food (bugs, etc) so I know he can help us prepare to "match the hatch" or have the right flies on when fishing the Hooch.

Check out our new website @ www.georgiawomenflyfishing.com (http://www.georgiawomenflyfishing.com) to find out more about us. Our meetings start at 7pm at the Delkwood Grill on Delk Rd.

Hope your enjoying fishing Delayed Harvest time in Georgia!

Uhmm....can a guy show up?

Becky Hulsey
11-09-10, 12:23 PM
Oops sorry I missed your reply. I was visiting the big city for the day. For the future, yep, meetings are open to all that enjoy fly fishing.

We do have male members.

Thanks to Chris! His presentation was great as usual. I hope you will contact River Through Atlanta if you would like to have a guided trip on the Hooch.