NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Blogs > Buck Henry
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Fun Cast and Blast Today

Posted 11-09-13 at 11:12 PM by Buck Henry
Weather was kind of weird today up in north Georgia. Started off nice and sunny but clouds built in all morning and the temps actually dropped a few degrees. I was fortunate to fish Mountaintown Creek with Jeff Roach this morning, and we arrived at the creek to Blue Bird skies and cool temps. Water level is low in the creek due to not much rain lately, so the fish are kind of concentrated in the deeper pools. Fishing success was steady with several nice fish caught by both Jeff and I. Fly o' the day was a good old Prince Nymph, but I also had success with a red copper jon.

After several hours of fishing, we decided to break out the hardware and bust some clays. I brought along my Spanish made AYA #2 sidelock double and had a ton of fun shooting it. I was pretty much dialed in on the trap shots, but did not fare as well with crossing birds. Jeff was dusting them with authority too and we went through several boxes of shells before calling it a day. Here are a few shots from today's outing:

Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by Buck Henry