NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Blogs > rjoiner001
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Need Help - Fishing the Hooch

Posted 10-06-12 at 05:20 PM by rjoiner001
NGTO members

I need your help.

I have been fishing on the Hooch from the Dam down to McGinnis for several months and caught maybe 5 trout. I'm fishing out of a kayak using spinning rods and fly rods with no luck.

I would love any advice on flies and/or fishing techniques. I really just want to catch some fish.

I'm trying to learn how to fish the Hooch so I can teach my 5 year-old son and new daughter (one day). I'd be interested in fishing with someone with experience to learn.
Total Comments 1

Comments

Old
Currently the closer you get to the dam right now the slower the catching will be cause of the stain in the water and possible start of Lake Turnover soon, if not already. Once the water clears up the catching will get better for you.

Recent Blog Entries by rjoiner001