NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old

Camping With The Grand Kids

Posted 07-08-08 at 07:14 PM by gonefishn
Updated 07-08-08 at 07:24 PM by gonefishn
When I go camping for a few days of fishing I don't take as much stuff as I used to. Tent, shade pop up, cot, sleeping bag, lantern, stove, fire wood and tiki torches. Add your food, beverages and a comfortable hammock and you've got it made.

We take our three grand kids camping a couple of times each summer and it takes two vehicles to get all the gear and stuff they need to...
Hall of Fame Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fishing With Capt. Buddy

Posted 07-08-08 at 06:37 PM by gonefishn
With gas prices like they are I only head to North Ga. once a week for trout. To fill the fishing void I've been heading out to the local ponds and small lakes lately fishing from the yak. When I leave I can hear my dog Buddy whining and barking behind the door. After taking him with me when I go bank fishing he knows what he's missing when I load the truck and leave. I decided to take him with me today and see how it would work out with him in the boat. He has been out in the jon boat many times...
Hall of Fame Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fishing with Dave

Posted 06-27-08 at 02:48 PM by gonefishn
I had my pontoon sitting in the carport a few weeks back and a neighbor stopped by on his way home. "I see you've got one of those pontoon boats, you must do some fly fish'n" are the first words out of his mouth. Before I could answer he starts telling me about how he has all these ponds that he fishes a fly rod on and would I like to go sometime. Of course I said yes and that I'd gladly trade him some local pond fishing for some trips to N. Ga. for some trout fishing. Dave is a retired...
Hall of Fame Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A year of fly fishing

Posted 06-26-08 at 02:21 PM by gonefishn
I've mentioned before that I just got back into fly fishing after 20+ years of spin casting. I'd throw a few poppers to bream every once in a while but that was about it. After reading all the post on here for some time I decided it was time to give it a serious try and take some of the advice offered by the posters.

If was very frustrating at first. Once the casting got better, not great,...
Hall of Fame Member
Posted in Uncategorized