NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Blogs > Buck Henry
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Fun Cast and Blast Today

Posted 11-10-13 at 12:12 AM by Buck Henry
Weather was kind of weird today up in north Georgia. Started off nice and sunny but clouds built in all morning and the temps actually dropped a few degrees. I was fortunate to fish Mountaintown Creek with Jeff Roach this morning, and we arrived at the creek to Blue Bird skies and cool temps. Water level is low in the creek due to not much rain lately, so the fish are kind of concentrated in the deeper pools. Fishing success was steady with several nice fish caught by both Jeff and I. Fly o' the...
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Is this thing on?

Posted 11-07-13 at 07:04 PM by Buck Henry
Updated 11-08-13 at 03:53 PM by Buck Henry (EG said I needed to quit being so negative)
Check, one....two....three; is this thing on? Well, either my blog writing is about as engaging as a case of the clap, or no one is reading anything posted in the NGTO blogs. But I figure there is one sure way to find out; say something nice about comp fishing!

I was completely wrong about comp fishing. I think it is great for the sport and I think those who are in to it are awesome and also great for the sport.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Value Proposition

Posted 11-06-13 at 09:17 AM by Buck Henry
One of the toughest parts about someone new getting into flyfishing is all the gear they have to buy. With all the slick marketing pressure out there from scores of vendors, it is easy to get overwhelmed by all the crap one seemingly has to buy and hang off their vest just to catch a trout with a fly rod! I have worked in a fly shop and know all too well the look on folk's faces when they come in to buy what the need to go fly fishing and the bill quickly totals up to something close to their monthly...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Time Waits for No One.........

Posted 11-04-13 at 10:52 PM by Buck Henry
Sorry I could not make the Fall Fling, but I had more pressing family matters to take care of last weekend. I drove my Mom and Dad down to Savannah so that my Mom could see her brother Tom, who lives in Orlando. My cousins drove their parents up from Florida and we met in Savannah for the weekend. Our folks are all getting up there in age and all have health issues that preclude them from travelling far on their own anymore. This could very well have been the last time they will ever see each...
Posted in Uncategorized