NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Blogs > Fishin' with Meaux an' l'Ange du Bayou
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ev'ry once in awhile, I git a hankerin' to write up memoirs of a perticklerly good story regardin' somethin' int'restin' or ennertainin' that has happened to Meaux an' me. It gener'ly involves fishin' somewhere or t'other, be it the 'Hooch, Crooked River, The Okefenokee, or one of the inumerable bayous to be found along the Gu'f coasts of Louisiana, Miss'ippi, an' Alabamastan.

I hope enny readers that come across this little un-official blog enjoy a-readin' it jes' as much as I have enjoyed "talkin' with mah fingers."

-Swamp Angel

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Swampy's Semi-Annual River Ramp Rage/Rant

Posted 08-26-12 at 09:10 AM by Swamp Angel
Updated 10-03-13 at 11:05 AM by Swamp Angel
Y'know, sometimes it's int'restin' jes' how people act when they're out fer a day on the 'Hooch. Meaux an' I gener'ly begin our 'Hooch fishin' sessions at Abbott's Bridge an' work our way nawthward from there, then drift back down to our startin' point. (It's always a good idear to go upstream when startin', jes' in case you have motor troubles an' have to git back to the ramp. 'Tis easier to float downstream to the ramp than paddle back up.)

As is typical fer the summer season, the...
President
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

New Gheenoe complete. Project "Pink Car" up next.

Posted 04-25-11 at 10:13 PM by Swamp Angel
Updated 04-25-11 at 11:00 PM by Swamp Angel
Well, I reckon it's been a good while since I blogged or blabbered 'bout ennythin' new on here, so I figger I best git right down to it.

'Bout a month ago, me an' the wife, Meaux, took a trip down to Titusville fer to purchase a bigger Gheenoe fer fishin' our favorite river up here north of 'Lanta. She didn't have no gas-o-line powered motor on her, but we figgered we'd do wih the little, ol' 8HP Even-ruder that was a-pow'rin' t'other Gheenoe. It done a good job fer 'round an' about...
President
Posted in Uncategorized