NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Blogs > Fishin' with Meaux an' l'Ange du Bayou
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ev'ry once in awhile, I git a hankerin' to write up memoirs of a perticklerly good story regardin' somethin' int'restin' or ennertainin' that has happened to Meaux an' me. It gener'ly involves fishin' somewhere or t'other, be it the 'Hooch, Crooked River, The Okefenokee, or one of the inumerable bayous to be found along the Gu'f coasts of Louisiana, Miss'ippi, an' Alabamastan.

I hope enny readers that come across this little un-official blog enjoy a-readin' it jes' as much as I have enjoyed "talkin' with mah fingers."

-Swamp Angel

Fish Stories Fish stories. What? You expect these to be true and accurate? They're FISH stories!
Old

Meaux said, "I'm gonna need the net."

Posted 04-29-13 at 06:26 PM by Swamp Angel
Updated 04-29-13 at 06:53 PM by Swamp Angel
If'n y'all've been payin' enny 'tention to the weather reports of late, you'll recall that today was s'posed to be purty nasty fer the most part. Overcast, showers on an' off, rain jes' a-settin' in this afternoon. So, on account of the prognosis fer foul weather, Meaux an' I went out to the 'Hooch a bit earlier than our accustomed time.

The long, heavy release that ran from eight o'clock AM in the mornin' on Thursday 'til midnight last night (that's forty hours of serious release...
President
Posted in Fish Stories
Old

Crossin' to th' Other Side (Part II)

Posted 02-13-11 at 04:36 PM by Swamp Angel
Updated 02-15-11 at 08:56 PM by Swamp Angel
PART II

Sorry 'bout the interruption. I am a tad bit verbose, an' there is a limit of ten-thousand characters per blog posting. (I reckon that this should be a hint, but I refuse to accept it.)
So let's continue:

I reckon that we must’ve spent prolly forty-five minutes or so there at that rock pile. There weren’t a whole lot of action, but ever’ once in awhile a fish would nudge or nibble at our nymphs and wooley boogers jes’ to let us know that they...
President
Posted in Fish Stories
Old

Crossin' to th' Other Side (Tradin' the Spinner fer the Fly Rod)

Posted 02-13-11 at 04:33 PM by Swamp Angel
Updated 02-15-11 at 08:57 PM by Swamp Angel
PART I

It was like any other Saturday mornin’ ‘cept fer the fact that I weren’t goin’ to be a-sleepin’ in. MontgomeryTider was already on his way up to the ‘Hooch by six o’clock AM this morning’ and I jes’ knowed that I’d better git it in gear if’n I was gonna make it to the river in time with a Gheenoe that was in any modest state of preparedness fer a day on the ‘Hooch. There was a lot more to it than that though. . .

I reckon it all started Friday evening’ when I...
President
Posted in Fish Stories