NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old

Morgan Falls Dam Generating Schedule

Posted 07-07-14 at 08:35 AM by Harry117
Returning to Atl this week. Would like to fish The Hooch @ Hwy 41 this weekend. Called the listed number, but can't get a definitive response to scheduled water release.

Please advise. Thanks much
Stocker
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fly fishing Film Tour

Posted 02-26-13 at 11:43 AM by Harry117
This will be my third year attending. It's a wonderful gathering of fishing fanatics. I'm looking forward to having another ball.
Stocker
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fly Fishing for bass and panfish

Posted 08-10-12 at 03:35 PM by Harry117
Since I can't get to trout waters regularly, I've developed an interested in fly fishing for bass and panfish over the last few months,. I've landed more of them with poppers, etc. (bass) and flies (panfish) than ever with spincast equipment.

I recently viewed a video where a guy said "I feel sorry for those who don't fly fish." I concur. It's more productive and an awesome experience.

The book, Fly Fishing for Smallmouth Bass, helped me get started.
Stocker
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Boots

Posted 07-02-12 at 01:32 PM by Harry117
About twenty + years ago, I began hiking so I could access difficult trout streams. I bought a pair Merrell Wilderness Hiking boots. Two weeks ago, I wrote to the company to see if they re-sole their boots. They said no, but they'd contribute $25.00 to the repair. The check came today. That's what I call customer service and standing by one's products. I'm a Merrell customer for life . . . if these boots ever wear out.
Stocker
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hybrid Bass

Posted 06-13-12 at 10:02 AM by Harry117
I'm new to lake fly fishing. For the last month I've been catching small hybrids at dusk daily on Lake Oconee. After dark, however, the larger ones strike. I'm averaging one 5+ pounder per week, but never before dark. Do the large one normally feed more after dark?
Stocker
Posted in Uncategorized