NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > austinv
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conversation Between austinv and dlcoach77
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. austinv
    05-19-13 10:15 PM
    austinv
    well no one crawled me and I've been fishing it for a few years the word is out the last few times I've been down threw there I've meet a few groups of people if I still thought it was as big a secret as it once was never would have posted it but the jig is up and the corn boys are getting more hard up I guess
  2. dlcoach77
    05-19-13 11:24 AM
    dlcoach77
    Hey Austinv. I'm glad you had a great trip and those are some pretty fish. I landed an 18" brown and a 17" rainbow there last year. That is my favorite place to fish. But brother, I really wish you hadn't made this post. I've been fishing that stretch for 5 years now and the first time I posted about it I got blistered by other guys on here. I learned my lesson. You wouldn't believe how little that water is fished. I've seen other fisherman on that stretch only 3 times out of a 3 dozen days or more of fishing. Twice it was fellow ngto'ers. However, on one of those days it was five powerbait fisherman ripping the guts out of small wild fish and they were culling the smaller dead ones that they had caught in order to keep the bigger ones that they caught as all 5 of them had "limited out". They had them in a trash bag. I met up with them at the big rock wall with the 8 ft deep run. The low gap back to the check in station stretch is apparently not as well known, but close enough that it could get massacred. I shared cross words with them about the 40 fish they had and the 20 or so that they had confessed to culling. Happy fishing brother and I hope we meet up on that pretty stretch some day.