NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Upstream
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conversation Between Upstream and iso1600
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. iso1600
    05-10-16 08:39 PM
    iso1600
    Thanks for the info!
  2. Upstream
    05-10-16 11:33 AM
    Upstream
    Look into the Upper Chattahoochee Campground above Helen. Never seems too busy, but I really haven't bothered to look on a weekend day trip. And if you go to the day-use parking at the end of the camp loops, hiking for Horse Trough Falls, and go up the right fork for a quarter mile or so, above a 30 ft. falls or so, you'll find brookies, and decent casting room as these things go (go to the left to look at Horse Trough Falls, but harder to get above those, and rainbows only, in my experience). To find bigger water for instruction, you'd have to drive downstream a ways.

Honestly, might have good luck getting site at a lot of places, but I don't like messing with finding a site in the dark when I'm solo.

Have fun.