WMA locked gates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMA locked gates

Back in my days of serious backpacking if a WMA gate was locked we could sometimes negotiate having it opened for us to park a car if that was the end of our trip. Is it still possible to get access to remote places when it is not deer season?

Originally posted by eyeflyfish View Post
    Back in my days of serious backpacking if a WMA gate was locked we could sometimes negotiate having it opened for us to park a car if that was the end of our trip. Is it still possible to get access to remote places when it is not deer season?
    I'm not saying it is impossible, but I really doubt that they will open a gate for you. I'll forward your question to someone that may know for sure.
    The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly

Comment

bub,
      Thank you. It would only be a day use kind of thing.

Comment

Did a little digging. You'd have to call the game management regional office for the area you want to go. The general rule: the gate is either open for everyone, or closed for everyone. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Tight Lines,
        Sam
        The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly

Comment

Sam,
          Thanks for the digging. I will make an effort to get to know the local folks for gate Im interested in.

Comment

Working...
          X