Buford Dam Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buford Dam Status

Any ETA on Buford Dam resuming normal operations? Water definitely going down. Does it have to get below full pool before the mega-flush stops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best guess is they will stop generation when the lake is down to 1071 msl. Got a ways to go as the lake level is currently at 1074.05. I notice they are now pulsing the releases from approx. 6,100 to 11,000 cfs to even the flow more downstream to release more volume and not flood areas to badly. I think their original estimate was that it would take a couple of weeks. We are now on day 6. Lots of electricity being produced on the Hooch from Lanier to Lake Seminole.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by natureman; 06-07-18, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Bottom Line Up Front: There will be heavy releases for a minimum of one more week. Unfortunately there is still a lot of water to evacuate from Lake Lanier. We will be discussing this weekends schedule tomorrow. Downstream conditions and forecasts are not consistent therefore release schedules may not be consistent. My best advice is to check the release schedules frequently as they are subject to change based on downstream conditions and forecasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Rainey View Post
        Bottom Line Up Front: There will be heavy releases for a minimum of one more week. Unfortunately there is still a lot of water to evacuate from Lake Lanier. We will be discussing this weekends schedule tomorrow. Downstream conditions and forecasts are not consistent therefore release schedules may not be consistent. My best advice is to check the release schedules frequently as they are subject to change based on downstream conditions and forecasts.
        Your posts are very much appreciated by the entire NGTO community.
        Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X