X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing TU Tags

Guys/Gals

I had a long chat with Jeff Durniak a the Fling. If you ever have the chance to speak to him, do yourself a favor and pull up a chair.

Long and short of it, the topic got onto the TU License plates and the amount of funding that they are now receiving from us purchasing the plates. I'm putting up a post that was done on Facebook as well as copying the write up if you don't want to click the link.

End result is this program has really turned on its head going from receipt of just a couple thousand dollars to the point they are getting the much needed funding that is needed. Its a start, but isn't fully paying for everything and our continued support of purchasing the plates is gratefully appreciated.

"Georgians support of the TU brook trout license plate revenues have had a positive effects on the GA Wildlife Resources Division trout program. Last fiscal year, TU tag revenues helped GAWRD fund reprinting of the Georgia trout stream maps, hire seasonal employees to assist our hatchery and trout stream sampling staffs, purchase a new 4-wheel drive pickup truck and sampling supplies for fisheries Technician Leon Brotherton (who leads our field sampling and habitat crew), purchase supplies and repairs for our trout hatcheries, and fund a Georgia Trout Angler Survey by the University of Georgia, which should be implemented later this fall.

This fiscal year we plan to purchase a new trout stocking truck, replace the electrofishing jetboat for the Lanier Tailwater, rehire the seasonal hatchery and field workers, replace the Burton Hatchery utility vehicle, and resupply our hatchery and wild trout management programs, among other things.
    Please continue your support by purchasing and renewing your TU tags."

https://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaTrou...53919685332155
    Last edited by baldea; 11-21-16, 06:03 PM.
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

TTT in 54321

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

This is a good thang guys. Re-up with a trout tag if you can.
      The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Working...
      X