Boone, NC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boone, NC

Taking a trip up to Boone next weekend for a couple days to hit the streams and check out the town with the girlfriend. Done some research and have a couple spots Id like to hit but would love to hear of any good spots yall know, from bluelines to stocked streams Im all ears, just send me a PM if you dont want to post here. Also open to suggestions for good restaurants and brewerys! Much appreciated!

-Griff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laurel fork, big horse creek, three top creek, south fork of the new river between Todd and hwy 221. Look for green signs saying that it is okay to park and area is managed by wildlife division. Meat camp creek is anither one to look for. Due south outfitters on hwy 105 is a new but good shop to check out. Very nice people. You will be suprised by the size of some of these waters but don't let that fool you. These streams have hardly populations of reproducing browns and rainbows. I have taken 16" browns from some and you would not have believed they were there. Good luck.

Comment

Linville River above the falls....N. Toe River...if you go to Linville, NC be sure to go by Fay Hughes store, you could fill a museum with the flies Paul Hughes has in that old store. Fished the Toe river a couple of weeks back and caught plenty of specks, browns, and rainbows. Zebra midge was the ticket for me.

Comment

Thanks guys, is the N. Toe river smaller or bigger water?

Comment

Originally posted by I_the_prodigy View Post
          Thanks guys, is the N. Toe river smaller or bigger water?

Big as freestone trout streams go.

Comment

Its generally 20-30ft across with some deeper holes and is pretty easily waded. Slick though...highly recommend felt boots.

Comment

Working...
            X