Southwest Montana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Montana

Got to spend three days fishing the Jefferson, headwaters of the Ruby and Beaverhead rivers over the weekend.
    OThe lodge was absolutely awesome! Great staff and food. All the guides worked to make sure we had the best days fishing possible.
    I learned some new ways of fishing. Bouncing rigs on the Beaverhead was something else. Below are a few photos.

C7EDACC1-8D48-4D82-974D-3E2F4CAE0F5D.jpegC27A816C-0170-4BF8-A243-335062E6FCC8.jpeg7F3D072F-16B5-4E82-9697-0EFD1B8187D8.jpegC21389F5-BD01-4057-BB27-4832891118BF.jpegBBEE12E9-A8EE-4733-8E49-3BC418EA27F3.jpeg4EBF359E-005D-4F31-AEA7-740930058DE9.jpeg
    F37161D0-673C-4677-A43D-3E83007312F0.jpeg
    Attached Files

Looks like a great trip. What was the name of the place you used? Was in Montana last month and caught some really nice fish. Only problem is I'm still having nightmares about the one that hammered the big foam salmonfly I was using, took off downstream and is still going as far as I know.

Comment

Stonefly outfitters. They are in twin bridges.

Comment

Great shots! Thanks for posting!

Comment

And the last shot is? Could be scenery but appears to be a rounded brown shape on the right side. Bear?

Comment

Johnkies,
            No bears. That is a sunrise from the lodge and a power utility box. (I am not the best shaper of photos) And the building with the trout is the Campfire Resort and Lodge fly shop and restaurant. The breakfast is astounding in amount of food and quality. It's along the Madison River near Quake Lake.

Comment

Glad your trip turned out so good. "Rooster" runs a good thing there in Twin Bridges. I haven't been to the new lodge yet. I've got to fix that.

Comment

The Lodge was exceptional. Great food, the service ladies were very good. We are booking next June already. Rooster only made a little fun of my bamboo rods and Hardy reels, saying something about new technology to replace 100 year old technology.

Comment

Bamboo rods and Hardy reels are the things memories are made from. I love the smell of varnish and bamboo when I open my rod tube. You don't get that with carbon and plastic rods. Great trip report and pictures!
                  BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                  Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Preacher, I agree and there is nothing quite like a guide suggesting my bamboo rod can't fish his particular set up for the river and I suggest he humor me by setting it up and lets give it a go. About six fish later he's going "that's a different kind of bamboo rod than most people bring". I usually suggest "assuming" is not a good thing to do.

Comment

Sounds like a great trip. I love the trout artwork in front of that store.
                      Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

That store is something else. Itís the campfire lodge and resort. A super fine campground on the Madison river just upstream from Quake Lake in Montana. The breakfast meats came two ways 8 ounces or 16!
                        The fly shop has everything one could want, even fly tying supplies.

Comment

Working...
                        X