Blowing Rock NC suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing Rock NC suggestions

Wife and myself will be up in Blowing Rock NC in the next couple weeks. Weddings not until the evening so we will have time the morning/early afternoon to get a little fishing in. Any recommendations? Looking for a relatively easy-out as we will need to head back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Easy-Out: Middle Fork of the New right through town (literally). The middle fork flows parallel to HWY 321/221 between Blowing Rock and Boone. It is
    SERIOUSLY overlooked. Lots of wild fish and stockers throughout the river.

Another great spot (and much better on the scenery) is Boone Fork Creek. Boone Fork may be accessed off of the Blue Ridge Parkway at Julian Price Park. The stream flows through the park. Within the picnic area, the streambed is at a low gradient; however, walking a mile or two down Boone Fork trail (parallels stream), the stream quickly drops in elevation forming perfect cascade-step pool habitat. In this section, the stream hosts a thriving a wild trout fishery. Normally I wouldn't point out a spot like this, but its well known around town. Also stringent regulations (fly fishing only, catch and release) with consistent enforcement have allowed this fishery to remain top-notch. As such, you'll need to bring your A-game to catch these fish.

For the much lesser known, wild streams, pm me.

Regards,

Josh

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the tips. Just sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
      X