More Montana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Montana

Enjoying the high water summer and cool weather in Bozeman. Have put a thousand miles on the truck just driving around a 4 county area. Fished a bunch of different water and its all good right now. My lab just turned 10 and she thinks she has gone to heaven - fishing, hiking, swimming, boating every day. If you have any inkling at all to go west - get out here this year!! Crane flies will be hatching any day. A few pictures to share:

Fish spotting Queen.jpg

House Hook Browny.jpg

jpbrown.jpg

Thanks for the row.jpg

west boulder brownie.jpg

I think the Lab is correct; sounds like Heaven! Thanks for sharing.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

West Boulder

Nice JP........we fished the meadow section about two weeks ago, beautiful area. Thanks for the pic - it "put" me back there for a moment

Comment

West Boulder Meadows

Originally posted by Jim View Post
        Nice JP........we fished the meadow section about two weeks ago, beautiful area. Thanks for the pic - it "put" me back there for a moment

Hey Jim - here is a little more to "take you back there". Listen to the bird call we were trying to figure out. After some research, I think (but am not sure) it was from a Sandhill Crane. Do you know?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c9z0OAM9-k"]‪West Boulder Pterodactyl.MOV‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sounds

Yep JP - sounds like the Sandhill....actually most of the animal sounds we heard came from the "Bovine family" - didn't see them in your video, but there where about 50 - 60 head grazzing around in the meadows and crossing back and forth across the river while we fished.

Had a nice brown trout rise to a dry and eat standing right about where your Lab was sitting....thanks for the video - definitely helped 'relive' the moment. Cool.

By the way, we did see a small black bear chasing deer just north of the TH driving out on the FS road...........didn't come across any bears in the meadows or on hike in/out as we sort of expected. The higher elevation still held some snow pack so we expected bears to be down low.

Comment

I thought the browns being there was a bit odd. We caught cutties above and below the meadow, but just browns in the meadow itself. Not complaining but surprised me at that elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by JP Flyslinger View Post
              I think (but am not sure) it was from a Sandhill Crane. Do you know?
              Yep. Very cool to see. Kinda reminds me of Bonedog doing his happy dance.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/s...l_crane/sounds
              If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

DEFINITELY Sandhill Crane. Until development gobbled it up about five years ago, had a field behind my house that hosted a large flock (300-400) sandies everyday during the winter. You could set your clock by their morning arrival: 7:30 sharp!

aged sage

Comment

Working...
                X