Awesome day at Cherokee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome day at Cherokee

I made a solo run to Cherokee last Monday, and it was a glorious day. The weather cooperated, the leaves were changing, followed a flock of turkeys down the trail, a herd of elk crossed the river just below me, watched a mink dive in the river, and the fish were willing to play. I landed an even dozen, all on eFlyz. I spent the day with my GoPro2 on my head, and my Nikon D-70 around my neck, and was able to put together a pretty cool film, all in HD (click on the little gear and try it in HD if you have a fast enough connection).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llRllxbMaGE?hd=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llRllxbMaGE?hd=1[/ame]

FM
    Last edited by fishmonger; 10-29-12, 07:14 PM.
    The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Awesome day indeed! I loved the report man!!!
    I watched it on my phone and will watch it again on the bigger screen

Way to go
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Georgia...?feature=watch

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

sigpic

Comment

That was durn near as good as a Pink Floyd video! Great fishin'. I could jes' feel it as you set the hook anunderneath of that bridge!

Thanks fer lettin' me fish vicariously through yer exploits. That was refreshin' to say the least!

Now. . . Tell us a bit about the soundtrack.
      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
        That was durn near as good as a Pink Floyd video! Great fishin'. I could jes' feel it as you set the hook anunderneath of that bridge!

Thanks fer lettin' me fish vicariously through yer exploits. That was refreshin' to say the least!

Now. . . Tell us a bit about the soundtrack.
        That is a guy from SoCal that goes by the name of Buckethead. He always appears with a white mask on, and a chicken bucket on his head, quite the quirky getup! He popped up on my Pink Floyd Radio channel on Pandora, and I just really dug the sound. He has a ton of albums, and seems to play a bunch of different styles of music.

FM
        The tug is the drug!

Comment

Very nicely done! I've also been wanting to try your fly for a while now. Going to have to pick up a couple soon!

Comment

That's awesome man! I love it.
            Goo Goo Ga Choob!

www.rockytopanglers.com

Comment

Great video, FM. And solid fish, too.
              Those Eflyz sure are effective. I really enjoyed watching the cast-strip-strip-wham action. Gotta love streamer fishing. Thanks for the report.
              WF
              sigpic
              There's nought as queer as folk.

"From the end of May to the end of August, a drizzling or thoroughly wet day is the best; next to which is a showery one, and then a bright day with a breeze of wind; a dark day without wind is the worst of all." W.C. Stewart

Comment

FM,

Does that fly float, or sink, or both? Thanks for sharing the video!

Comment

Love the GoPro action shots. Great report.

Steve
                  Said the trout to the fly fisherman "Why don't you drop me a line sometime."

Comment

Nice video. Looks like tons of fun.

G

Comment

Like to see that fly you were using to find it on that wed-page. Like to give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by badcaster View Post
                        Like to see that fly you were using to find it on that wed-page. Like to give it a try
                        It is called the #2 Boilermaker, 4th one down on the right.

Thanks for looking.

FM
                        The tug is the drug!

Comment

Good stuff, monger! Missing that country!

Comment

I'll be giving a couple of your flies a chance to hook me a redfish this weekend in Charleston!
                            By reading the above post the reader hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm and humor (both attempted and actual) or other contents which might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldnít read the Post or take it seriously. If Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the Post seriously as mentioned above, then it is the Readerís own fault and I donít want to hear about it.
                            sigpic

Comment

You suck, ya jackass. Leaving me at work and then texting to boot. Come on man!!! Fish call!!
                              Dennis C...""Giving Stripers everywhere a bad day!!""

Comment

Working...
                              X