Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DH

Ok folks.
    I am sure there has been someone that couldn't stand it and has ran up this week and checked it out.
    "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

• Muddy Tuck

Had a house on the upper Tuck this week. 10/7-11. The Tuck is running heavy muddy and that was before ANY rain. Only saw 4-5 folks fishing over 3 days. We tried. One or two fish.

Locals not sure why. One said they are expanding a bridge upstream. Another said road expansion upstream. But with no rain - why the mud?? Sunday the 7th was a Sunday and muddy water.

IMO. Donít go to the Tuck unless your sure the mud has cleared up. Could not see bottom anywhere have been many times in the fall DH and never have seen this.

Comment

• They're doing dam work on some of the upstream lakes and they've been drawing them down to do the work. This has not been done in the least impactful manner and there have been reports of fish kills in the upper DH stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dylar View Post
          They're doing dam work on some of the upstream lakes and they've been drawing them down to do the work. This has not been done in the least impactful manner and there have been reports of fish kills in the upper DH stretch.

Talk about miscommunication and mismanagement... I'd that had been communicated, they could've saved those fish for other streams until the work was done, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DH Stockings

I have discussed this idea with NC Wildlife several times and the explanation is that the hatchery schedules require the removal of the scheduled stocking at a date set well in advance. Part of this has to do with scheduling the stocking trucks takes place well in advance and they have to clear their in the hatchery to make way for movement of the next batch of fish to be stocked later this fall and into winter.

Comment

Working...
            X