Raven Fork & Tuckaseegee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven Fork & Tuckaseegee

Hey NGTO - first time poster, long time reader.
    Girlfriend got us a cabin up in Bryson City for the weekend and graciously gave me a day to explore some water. Took some research to get my cherokee reservation permits sorted out for the trophy section of the Raven Fork, but it was totally worth it. A great stretch of stream with beautiful runs and perfect holes. Got on the water around 8:30 and had four nice rainbows in the net, with 1 getting away, by the time I quit for lunch around 11:30 - the biggest pushing 22 inches. All on big streamers, all fought hard.

After lunch and a trip to the Tuckaseegee Fly Shop for some advice, I broke out the Tenkara rod and hit a small strip around an island that fed off the main drag. Found a very nice Brookie and another 2 solid rainbows in a few hours - first two fish ever on the newly acquired Tenkara!

Now, the tables over at Harrah's Cherokee weren't nearly as generous as the great waters in and around the Smokies, but you can't beat 'em every time. All around fantastic trip.

Welcome! Solid fish. The Harrah's tables haven't been much a friend of mine, either...

Comment

great post! stop by and see us at Rivers Edge Outfitters next time you're in the area and we'll get you on some sweet spots in cherokee.
      Joey Walraven
      River's Edge Outfitters
      Cherokee, NC
      828-497-9300
      https://www.wncfishing.com/

Comment

Working...
      X