X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishmonger View Post
    Mo Rules!

FM

Yeah he does. These days, I concentrate more on the Beer and Food . If I stare to long at the fish I start getting a withdrawal twitch
    Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow. I want to go. That is fantastic. More info on the pipe tobacco though.
      Then Peter said, "I'm going fishing." The disciples replied, we're going too, and they got in the boat..." John 21:3a

And now, I pray thee, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field and hunt me venison. Genesis 27:3

Comment

Outstanding

One of the more enjoyable post I've viewed in while.. I have visited western Europe many times and my friends and relatives have told me that I need to visit areas like Bosnia. Great people, food, drink, scenery, etc... and, now you got me "hooked" with your images. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Comment

Wow! And I thought the marble trout in your post last year about Slovenia were exotic. Reading your reports of your summer trips is an annual highlight for me.

Comment

That's my partner! Just love these posts.
            These brook trout will strike any fly you present, provided you don't get close enough to present it.
            -- Dick Blalock

Comment

Mo's photo journals are spectacular, as is the country, food, and people!

As much as I enjoy seeing grayling...............
              It's called the yaprak. A mixture of minced meat, rice and spices wrapped into fresh collard green leaves. Pure bliss. This is ready to go on the stove.
              Meat, spices, and rice rolled into a green leaf. Oh, yeah!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Thanks for sharing Mo, magnificent report. Incredible fish and looks like you enjoyed some decent пиво.
                We are the music-makers,
                And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                And sitting by desolate streams;
                World losers and world forsakers,
                On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

My pleasure guys. Thanks for the kind words.

Buck, that killer bug was tied with the Chadwick's 477 yarn that you sent me several years back. I was chuffed to bits when it fooled a grayling. And you just gotta have a nice smoke with yer brew, right?

Warmouth, I was using rolling tobacco which is widely available locally. You'd be hard pressed to find a person that doesn't smoke over there, so there is a huge variety of pipe and rolling tobacco available.

SS, I know what you mean. I had you in mind when I was taking all the food and bev pics . Seriously, though, we need to get out and fish. Been tooooo long old friend.

Raptor and Stinkbait
                  you need to visit if you get a chance. Slovenia and Bosnia both. There are so many beautiful rivers to fish and things to see that you would have to go back again. And you will be blown away by their hospitality. I can make recommendations for fishing, rivers, access points, guides, fly shops, accommodations, etc., if you ever decide to visit, in both Slovenia and Bosnia.

Mog, you'd love it even more if you went with me.

Don, you gotta have yer greens, right?

Greg, pivo was abundant and readily available just about anywhere I went. Some pretty good stuff too.
                  WF
                  sigpic
                  There's nought as queer as folk.

"From the end of May to the end of August, a drizzling or thoroughly wet day is the best; next to which is a showery one, and then a bright day with a breeze of wind; a dark day without wind is the worst of all." W.C. Stewart

Comment

Amazing report, definitely on my bucket list, especially those softlips just amazing.
                    "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
                    ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Frick'n awesome Moe....just plain awesome! Not sure how I missed this the first time around

The food and sights alone would make for a fantastic trip...throw in fishing and it's just plain over the top!!!

Can you tell I'm existed and anxious about going by going through your old threads? These next 6 months are going to be complete torture
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Georgia...?feature=watch

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X