Fires Creek North Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fires Creek North Carolina

Yesterday afternoon my wife and I went up to North Carolina and I fished the DH section of Fires Creek. The stream was clear and low. I only caught 5, not many but they were big, fat, and pretty and fun to catch. I caught them on a beaded black wooly bugger and beaded green squirmy. I am attaching 3 pics. The other two I caught were similar but pics are foggy so I am not attaching pics of them. Afterwards my wife and I went to my favorite BBQ joint, Jim's Smokin' Que outside Blairsville for dinner. Their tag line is "You can smell our butts miles away." Beautiful day on a beautiful stream, beautiful fish, and great BBQ. What more can you ask for, maybe DH season in Georgia. Can't wait. [IMG]IMG_9534 by JOHN LANIER, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_9530 by JOHN LANIER, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_9531 by JOHN LANIER, on Flickr[/IMG]
    "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

great stuff! I fished Fires for the first time earlier this month. Definitely plan on going back and exploring further up past the DH next time as well.

thanks for posting!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

Thanks for the report! Still haven't had the chance to head up there yet, but hopefully a free weekend is coming soon!
      IG: @sham_douglas1

Comment

Really nice trout!
        Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

Fires Creek is on my short list of places to fish next.... maybe tomorrow
          ....I can't complain. But sometimes I still do.....

Comment

Creek Report - 11/4

I headed up to Fires Creek for a few hours on Saturday. This was my first time fishing there, and once I saw the parking lot with a few cars, I continued to drive up the gravel road until I found a pull-off with a trail down to the river. We fished for 4 or so hours and caught bows, browns, and brookies on the usual DH stuff (San Juans, Mops, Rubber Legs, and Woolly Buggers). There was one hole above the paved trail that had a few large fish that we could get to follow, but not get to eat. Great time & weather up in the mountains.
            IG: @sham_douglas1

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_MTB View Post
              I headed up to Fires Creek for a few hours on Saturday. This was my first time fishing there, and once I saw the parking lot with a few cars, I continued to drive up the gravel road until I found a pull-off with a trail down to the river. We fished for 4 or so hours and caught bows, browns, and brookies on the usual DH stuff (San Juans, Mops, Rubber Legs, and Woolly Buggers). There was one hole above the paved trail that had a few large fish that we could get to follow, but not get to eat. Great time & weather up in the mountains.
              Thanks for the report Sam. I have only fished near the picnic area. Next time I fish Fires Creek I will have to drive up the mountain and try there. Someone else said the fishing was good or better up there.
              "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Fires Creek Bows

There are some bows pushing 25 inches in there...
                "If we admit that life can be ruled by reason, the possibility of life is destroyed."
                IG: joeybooks

Comment

Working...
                X