Fires Creek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fires Creek

Today I fished Fires Creek with Jim Swartz (Livelarge on NGTO). Fires Creek was on fire today. We had a great day, catching rainbows, browns, and brookies. We both were lucky enough to catch in double digits, but Jim doubled my catch, and he had a grand slam, catching a Brookie, Brown, and Rainbow. Flies that worked today were Black Wooly Bugger, Hares Ear, pink (or peach, never sure about this color) egg, Green Weenie, Copper John all worked. Beautiful creek, beautiful weather, pretty fish. Here are a couple of pics of a couple of Brookies Jim caught. At one time he caught 3 Brookies in a row.

"Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Wow, sounds like a great day
    Gorgeous fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to take a road trip
      Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

Originally posted by FlickNdip View Post
        I need to take a road trip
        Tomorrow.

Comment

Yesterday

Thanks to Hillis for the instruction and coaching, I had a terrific day at NC Fires creek yesterday. Lots of fish to hand - lost count after I hit the upper teens. Found most fish in the deep green water - very little in the skinny water and most came from water that was moving a bit.

All fish came on Pat's rubber legs, micro-egg, and zebra midge.

Pretty drive made for icing on the fishcake!

Comment

Great report. Nice work. Pretty fish, too.
            @glennmau

Comment

Congrats txc35 on a great day on the water! Pretty fish. Gosh, now you got me wanting to go back so bad.
              "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Thanks Gau and Hillis. yes, that was a lovely destination and my first trip into NC. Gotta go back. My guess is there are tons of places like this in NC and other parts. Makes me want to quit work and go on one great big exploration!

Comment

Hillis and txc thanks for the good reports and beautiful pictures.
                  I havenít been to Fires yet but itís on the short list.
                  txc, this is my first year venturing in to NC as well, I have really enjoyed exploring some of their streams and rivers.
                  THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Working...
                  X