Tullum, Mexico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tullum, Mexico

Good afternoon! Planning a trip to Tullum for early January 2018. Does anyone have any recommendations, tips, tricks, essential fly patterns, DIY fishing advice etc.?? Just scouting it out now and would love to know your experience and recommendations. Thanks!

Originally posted by MannyHooks View Post
    Good afternoon! Planning a trip to Tullum for early January 2018. Does anyone have any recommendations, tips, tricks, essential fly patterns, DIY fishing advice etc.?? Just scouting it out now and would love to know your experience and recommendations. Thanks!
    If you're going to DIY Sian Kaan is worth checking out. There is some law there that you have to be 200m from people swimming or something of the like. Pesca Maya has experience guides as the other place called FlyfishTulum I believe, these place are $$$. Heres what I did: Ask around the dive shops they will usually know someone local that works with the guides and will charge a fraction of the cost. I think I wound up spending around $300 and the guy put me on plenty of fish. This was a while back that shop has since closed and was in Puerto Morales which is about an hour away.

I would recommend checking out the ruins at Tulum, I enjoyed these way more than Chichenitza and not as crowded. Also check out the cenotes, they are everywhere. Ponde Rosa, Taj Mahal, Boca Siete (I think its Boca Seis now, one of the collapsed).

Most folks say dont drink the water...this is wrong...drink the water and your gut fauna will adjust quickly, then you won't get sick. I once accidentally broke off a piece of Stalactite in the cenote with poor buoyancy control and figured might as well take it home as a souvenir.
    I got scared at the airport then went into the bathroom to throw it away...two mexican TSA where in the bathroom and heard a huge thump as I threw the rock into the garbage can not realizing it was empty. They gave m a dirty look, but I got outta there quick. The whole week my stomach was fine. But on the flight back I demolished that bathroom. Felt bad for the people sitting in the back of the plane. I got Montezuma's in the literal sense. Have Fun and show us pics!
    We are the music-makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers
    And sitting by desolate streams;
    World losers and world forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Working...
    X