Out of state fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Cookie,
    You really need to provide information. A just want to fish isn't going to get you much. Are you going solo? How long to you want to fish? Are you afraid of the dark? Can you take care of yourself in the woods, in a tent, for a week with the knowledge that the nearest help is a helicopter/plane ride away? Do you want to be coddled, fed everyday.

Comment

Assuming you've got it right about entering your "3rd decade on this planet," you're about to turn 20. Go backpacking. Wind River Range or Beartooth Plateau (that'll be lakes) if you have the time and $, GSMNP if you don't. That stuff gets harder to fit in, in many ways, when you start looking at your 7th decade.

Comment

If fishing in Alaska hits your radar - get in touch with me. I can provide you several resources of where to find information. I know a great guide service on the Kenai River. Some saltwater Charter Captains out of Seward, AK.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

Ascension Bay

You’ll catch endless amounts of bonefish and get plenty of shots at a permit, also lots of tarpon there too

All this can be done on a budget as well

Comment

http://www.sleepwhenyouredead.com/se...kas-far-north/

I'll tag along on a trip like this. A bucket list item for me that isn't too inaccessible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
            -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
              http://www.sleepwhenyouredead.com/se...kas-far-north/

I'll tag along on a trip like this. A bucket list item for me that isn't too inaccessible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              You must do it, being out of touch for a week is awesome. Kamchatka float trip is another.

A cheaper trip would be the boundary waters. Pike, walleye, and smallies on the fly. Having the loons serenade you every night.

Comment

Working...
              X