No announcement yet.

Guide Recommendations Bozeman September Timeframe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other question: if we are going to wade fish one day is it worth doing DePuy Spring Creek in Sept? Doesn't look like too many people book reservations for that time...would wading the Gallatin make more sense?

Also it doesn't say anything about guides on the DePuy website...assuming that is a DIY type of trip?

Thanks!
    Roswellangler

Comment

I canít add much other than to say Big Sky Anglers is first class. Itís also located in the old Bud Lillyís Trout Shop, which, if nothing else, is a chance to pick up a cool hat or T-shirt! I had an awesome experience with BSA! They took us out to Henrys Fork.

Comment

If you've never been to Yellowstone Park, you should take the opportunity. Sign up for the weekly newsletter from Blue Ribbon Flies in West Yellowstone. http://www.blue-ribbon-flies.com/ It might get you too excited to wait until September.

Comment

Bozeman area guides

Try Long Outfitters in Livingston. They float all the rivers, have access to Dupuys and Armstrong creeks, and all the streams in Yellowstone. They have been around for over 25 years. Matthew Long is the owner. I have used them twice in the past when I was fishing Montana and the north end of the Park. Just Google Long Outfitting in Livingston.

Comment

Where is the best place to camp for a couple nights and get some good fishing with some views?

Iíll be there in September as well

Comment

Originally posted by wspanic View Post
              Where is the best place to camp for a couple nights and get some good fishing with some views?

There's tons of campgrounds in the FS. Just depends on what you want to be close to. For views, however, you'll likely be looking at trees and creeks. Most FS campgrounds are tucked away along roadsides amongst the trees. In the Gallatin Canyon, my favorite campground is Swan Creek. It's back a bit from US191 so you don't get so much road noise and is right on the Swan Creek.

Some KOAs out here may have some views. You might want to look into them.

Of course, if you're interested in doing some backcountry camping, you can find ALL KINDS OF VIEWS! Look into the backcountry campsites along Specimen Creek in the park. There's one that's about 1.5 miles into the backcountry that's just gorgeous. It overlooks the confluence of the East Fork and the North Fork of Specimen creek. If you camp there for a few nights, get out and fish those creeks. Some monster browns run up those creeks to spawn.
              "Of course, the most elegant experiments require no statistics at all." - A. Zale, Leader, U.S. Geological Survey Montana Cooperative Fishery Research Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Foti View Post

Any specific Guide recommendations for
                * Big Sky Outfitters
                * Montana Troutfitters
                * Montana Anglers
                Josh Seckinger is a buddy of mine and guides for Troutfitters.

Montana Angler has a bunch of guides; I don't know much about them. Eric Knoff, however, is one of the avalanche forecasters for the Gallatin National Forest. that's pretty cool.

In all honesty, I try to stay away from guides that take pictures of fish with the fish WAY OUT of the water. I prefer to fish with guides that like to keep the fish close to the water surface. Just my own personal preference. Handling stress is a big deal.
                "Of course, the most elegant experiments require no statistics at all." - A. Zale, Leader, U.S. Geological Survey Montana Cooperative Fishery Research Unit

Comment

Originally posted by wspanic View Post

Taylor Fork just south of Big Sky PM me for pictures

Comment

Working...
                  X