Missoula Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Items

1. If you wind up in the hospital in Missoula ask for Dr. Schaub and tell her I said hello.
    2. Ditto on the run-off issue. You may have to focus on sight seeing.
    3. Jeeps and similar SUVs are more expensive to rent, but the previous mention about tires is very true and if planning significant back-roads driving, I would recommend the SUV just for tires and ground clearance. Also, your trip will be in spring time so some of the roads may not have gotten refurbished after a long snowy winter. Ruts and washboard.

Comment

So our trip is one week away and it's looking like we have 2 days booked to fish. One will be out of Missoula and we are going through the Missoulian fly shop and then our second trip will be up around Glacier. I am not sure if the trip in Glacier will be on a river or a lake. The gentleman I spoke with at the fly shop in Missoula said not to worry about the run off that they have plenty of places that we will be able to fish.

Now for the fly recommendations. I am taking a couple of rods out there in case we can find some smaller water to fish. We are staying on Brewster Creek, right near Rock Creek in the Quigly area. What would be some good flies to stock up on? Should I just wait and get them out there?

I'm so excited I can't sit still. I know they probably won't have the Road to the Sun open by the time we are there because they keep getting a little snow here and there but it will still be amazing to see that part of the country.

Comment

Where in CO?

Where do you plan to fish in CO? I don't think you mentioned it earlier.

Comment

Take lots of pics! Been wanting to go an fish that neck of the woods for some time now...

Wish you the best of luck on your trip.
          Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
            Where do you plan to fish in CO? I don't think you mentioned it earlier.
            I'm not sure yet. We are staying around Denver I think so it will have to be someplace I can get to and back during the day because we have concerts to see at Red Rocks Fri-Sat-Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by wookie View Post
              Now for the fly recommendations. I am taking a couple of rods out there in case we can find some smaller water to fish. We are staying on Brewster Creek, right near Rock Creek in the Quigly area. What would be some good flies to stock up on? Should I just wait and get them out there?
              Check the websites of the shops and outfitters in the area for general anticipated hatches and flies to make sure you don't show up with an empty box. Plan to buy some others out there, not only to match changing conditions but to help pay for the info you get in the shops you visit.

Have fun.

Comment

Working...
              X