GoPro Provo brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Provo brown

I know I already did a Provo post, but I just figured out how to off load the gopro vid to the app, etc etc. This vid has zero editing and pales in comparison to @sighter's recent post, but it does have a 7 year old catching a pretty dang good sized brown with a huge old smile and a few high fives! All fish were caught using tenkara rigged @dredger style with a strike indicator and split shot plus two super tiny flies.

https://youtu.be/nktFspjliVw

A still, just because the gopro app allows you to grab stills...

He didn't kiss this one, but kissed all the others. The guide was cool enough to also show us the stomach pump method. This particular fish only had three tiny midges in his belly. Spencer thought it was cool to see what he'd eaten and what flies we were throwing, and how similar they were. He says, "see dad see, our flies look like what's in the belly, that's why I'm catching fish! Maybe you should try it"
    Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This puts such a big smile on my face you don't even know! What a feel good video and you don't need any editing to bring out the epicness of that moment. Spencer's already put all the browns I've caught to shame. Thanks for sharing Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by Sighter View Post
      This puts such a big smile on my face you don't even know! What a feel good video and you don't need any editing to bring out the epicness of that moment. Spencer's already put all the browns I've caught to shame. Thanks for sharing Steve!

Haha.
      Thanks man!
      I'll tell him you said that; he loves positive feedback!
      These GoPros are really a lot of fun!

Comment

Wooooooo! Looks like them platek boys gone found some trouble again!
        We are the music-makers,
        And we are the dreamers of dreams,
        Wandering by lone sea-breakers
        And sitting by desolate streams;
        World losers and world forsakers,
        On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

haha man that is super cool! Maybe one day wyatt will enjoy fishing hahahahhaha
          Resident Tenkara Nerd

Comment

ugh...no footage of the actual cast, drift, and catch?

Great video regardless. Looks/sounds like a great trip. Gorgeous brown trout.
            "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

Originally posted by 3-wt View Post
              ugh...no footage of the actual cast, drift, and catch?

Great video regardless. Looks/sounds like a great trip. Gorgeous brown trout.
              Like Sam, I was hoping to get a taste of this technique youíve been going on and on about, but I guess Iíll have to wait and bootleg the DVD when it comes out.
              Awesome reports so far!
              Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

This is awesome! Love seeing young ones getting into the sport.

Comment

+ 1000!!!!!!
                  I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Nice video, making some great memories!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilljiger View Post
                      Nice video, making some great memories!
                      Yep.. This is what is important. Teaching and fishing with your kids will be something that all of your family will remember for a long time. You are creating something that will be important to your kids for a lifetime.

Comment

What a great video of Spencer with a good sized brown trout. I can't wait to see the adventures you do as Father and Son and fishing.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

Working...
                        X