RV Campgrounds Along Rivers - Western NC/Cherokee area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Campgrounds Along Rivers - Western NC/Cherokee area

Hey folks, my wife told me I need to get away for the weekend as I've been on edge.

Sounds like I need to be "on edge" more often.

I have a small travel trailer now and was thinking of heading to western NC, maybe off Ravens Fork or anywhere else I can do some good wade fishing. I wasn't sure if all of ravens firm was good fishing or just a portion.

Wouldn't want to go any further north or northwest of cherokee area (coming from Chattanooga).

Thanks!

Campgrounds

In the Cherokee area is an nice campground called Happy Valley I think. Good sites and situated along Soco Creek. Can be some decent fishing there. They used to offer a shuttle for fishermen to various fishing sites in Cherokee and back. Don't know if they still do. Decent little store on property also. Going out of town on Cove Rd there are several (past catch and release section on Raven's Fork) including a nice KOA Campground. A nice campground in Bryson City along Deep Creek also

Comment

Indian Creek Campground at the end of Cove road on Bunches creek used to be a super nice campground. A lot of fish in Bunches next to campsite. Store with License on site
      Catch the energy
      Release the potential

Comment

I too am headed to the GSMNP this weekend. But I will be in Townsend. If it get to wet form rain, you cruz over the mountain and swing by Little River Outfitters. They are having their annual fly tyers weekend.
        I paln on fishing some myself but have to go watch some really good tyers do their thing!!
        "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Working...
        X