Dam 12-29-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dam 12-29-18

It was a great day to be on the river Saturday until we were leaving. We parked by the restrooms, and floated to the creek.
    The creek has dumped many inches of silt or really sand from the recent rains .The mouth of the creek is almost unpassable
    due to the amount of trees and debris . But as we were leaving and walked over the bridge there were at least 3 autos with
    broken windows,in the gravel parking lot. Kind of hard to believe as busy as the river was .
    So just a word to the wise during the shut down protect your stuff.The Forsyth county shefiff department was there taking
    pictures but without park rangers and others keeping a eye out it maybe better to park closer to the boat ramp.

That is just awful!!!!!
    I was there and left around 11am. I am shocked that that happened with as much traffic that I saw coming and going.
    "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

I heard about that - dam, that is terrible! I was fortunate to park somewhere else. Sorry to those that had their vehicles busted.

Comment

I heard about that - dam, that is terrible! I was fortunate to park somewhere else. Sorry to those that had their vehicles busted.

Comment

Originally posted by country View Post
          It was a great day to be on the river Saturday until we were leaving. We parked by the restrooms, and floated to the creek.
          The creek has dumped many inches of silt or really sand from the recent rains .The mouth of the creek is almost unpassable
          due to the amount of trees and debris . But as we were leaving and walked over the bridge there were at least 3 autos with
          broken windows,in the gravel parking lot. Kind of hard to believe as busy as the river was .
          So just a word to the wise during the shut down protect your stuff.The Forsyth county shefiff department was there taking
          pictures but without park rangers and others keeping a eye out it maybe better to park closer to the boat ramp.

Sorry to hear that. Where you parked at the Dam near Buford dam road or near the hatchery?

Comment

The break-ins occurred at the put-in below the dam, in the first gravel parking lot as you enter.

Comment

Working...
            X