Contest - Name the date,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest - Name the date,

The first NGTO member who correctly predicts the day there wonít be a release at Buford Dam will be the recipient of a worthless Grand Prize to be determined at a later date. You do not have to be present to win. Offer void where prohibited. NGTO employees and their families not eligible.

Iím going out on a limb with Octember 15th.
    All fishermen are liars except you and I...and I’m not so sure about you.

Iíll play, I say 2/20/2019
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

Philhutch80 beat me to it! Iím off work until Friday afternoon and itís gonna rain every day this week.
      I fished the dam about 4 hours today after the release and before the thunder and lightening. Had it to myself, haha. It was chilly, windy and rained the whole time but I didnít get skunked and I didnít fall in!

Comment

Can the webmaster filter posts that describe fishing during working hours on weekdays? The mental anguish and existential dread I experience reading about yíall having ďdays offĒ (not even sure what that means. Probably a hoax) and fishing during these 9-5 no release periods is crippling. Was there a career path I missed that lets me fish during the week instead of dealing with squabbles, ancient judges, and gruff government employees?

Collusion between my boss, my girlfriend, and the Army Corp of Engineers has made this a long winter.

anyways.... Iím gonna guess February 31st.

Comment

It is the 20th. I just called and no release today, even though the lake shows 2 ft over full. More to come in the next few days!

Comment

The USGS gage in Norcross records precip and it says we have had rain 44 days out of the last 82, going back to December 1. And a total of 22.7 (!!) inches of rain in that same period.

And more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
              The USGS gage in Norcross records precip and it says we have had rain 44 days out of the last 82, going back to December 1. And a total of 22.7 (!!) inches of rain in that same period.

And more to come.
              Holy crap that is almost half of our yearly average(54in)!!!! Iím just hoping they start running soon. Long range forecast shows a wet March as well.
              #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
              -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Bboyd View Post
                It is the 20th. I just called and no release today, even though the lake shows 2 ft over full. More to come in the next few days!
                That makes perfect sense! Seems like when the lake level was almost back to normal a few weeks ago there were plenty of releases!

Wish I could move to the beach. They donít have no steenking releases.
                All fishermen are liars except you and I...and I’m not so sure about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post

Holy crap that is almost half of our yearly average(54in)!!!! Iím just hoping they start running soon. Long range forecast shows a wet March as well.
                  Well, keep in mind that 13.8 inches of that 22.7 applies to just December. Also I'm basing the numbers on what the Norcross USGS station reports, not the National Weather Service, although the numbers are similar.

But...yeah. A boat load of rain.

Comment

MARCH 15th

Comment

I'm guessing they MIGHT have the lake down enough to stop 24/7 releases (other than to stop for heavy rain) by the time they start stocking rainbows. But I'm just hoping.
                      Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

No release today the 21st either. My Lake Lanier app shows the lake at 3 ' over.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboyd View Post
                          No release today the 21st either. My Lake Lanier app shows the lake at 3 ' over.
                          Holding back water to control downstream flooding.
                          Last edited by natureman; 02-21-19, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by natureman View Post

Holding back water to control downstream flooding.
                            natureman All the reservoirs downstream have been consistently releasing 20,000cfs for the past week. I have been watching that to try and understand what Iíd going on from a holistic point of view of the whole system. One thing I havenít taken into account though is whether or not the Flint has been in flood stage.
                            #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                            -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post

natureman All the reservoirs downstream have been consistently releasing 20,000cfs for the past week. I have been watching that to try and understand what Iíd going on from a holistic point of view of the whole system. One thing I havenít taken into account though is whether or not the Flint has been in flood stage.
                              Doesn't seem like it:

Last edited by Trout8myfly; 02-25-19, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X