Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day Weekend

Comment

The releases at Buford should be interesting to follow now that the lake is over 1075.6. From the COE facebook page is a list of record highs.

1077.15 - Apr. 14th, 1964
      1076.20 - Apr. 5th, 1977
      1076.05 - Mar. 30th, 1980
      1075.99 - Apr. 15th, 1979
      1075.75 - Apr. 1st, 1976
      1075.62 - Feb. 23rd, 2019 (current reading)
      1075.43 - Dec. 31st, 2015
      I was there in 1979 and 1980. Lots of concerns back then about super-saturated dam conditions requiring daily inspections. If you see the discharge volume at the dam go way over 10,500 cfs then you know they have opened the emergency sluice. The river could go way out of its banks
      Last edited by natureman; 02-23-19, 07:05 PM.

Comment

When the lake, rainfall, and releases return to normal what will be the effect on fishing?
        All fishermen are liars except you and I...and I’m not so sure about you.

Comment

Originally posted by richf7 View Post
          When the lake, rainfall, and releases return to normal what will be the effect on fishing?
          Look for trout near the Florida border.

Comment

Originally posted by natureman View Post
            The releases at Buford should be interesting to follow now that the lake is over 1075.6. From the COE facebook page is a list of record highs.

1077.15 - Apr. 14th, 1964
            1076.20 - Apr. 5th, 1977
            1076.05 - Mar. 30th, 1980
            1075.99 - Apr. 15th, 1979
            1075.75 - Apr. 1st, 1976
            1075.62 - Feb. 23rd, 2019 (current reading)
            1075.43 - Dec. 31st, 2015
            I was there in 1979 and 1980. Lots of concerns back then about super-saturated dam conditions requiring daily inspections. If you see the discharge volume at the dam go way over 10,500 cfs then you know they have opened the emergency sluice. The river could go way out of its banks
            Currently at 1075.95ft and still rising.
            #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
            -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
            -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
            -PH

Comment

1076.00.... just a week after it got drawn down from Christmas

Comment

The debate is over. Globalwarmingclimatechange is to blame for our epic rainfall. The planet is getting hotter and squeezing all the moisture from the atmosphere. Yeah, thatís it.

All of us must buy electric cars before itís too late.

Comment

Sorry Rich, but its not globalwarminglimatechange. I'm the reason for the rain. In June last year I bought a boat, and I've been getting it rigged out for fishing, particularly for stripes. And since I retired at the end of the year last year, the rain has been hanging around. If not rain, the wind has been blowing about 20mph, keeping me at home. So, I'm the reason. Sorry Folks. The buck stops here....
                  BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                  Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                    Sorry Rich, but its not globalwarminglimatechange. I'm the reason for the rain. In June last year I bought a boat, and I've been getting it rigged out for fishing, particularly for stripes. And since I retired at the end of the year last year, the rain has been hanging around. If not rain, the wind has been blowing about 20mph, keeping me at home. So, I'm the reason. Sorry Folks. The buck stops here....
                    Your boat has a motor and burns fossil fuel. I bet you have a gas guzzling SUV, too.

Some people.
                    Last edited by richf7; 02-25-19, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                      HAHA. I'd say you need to sell your boat and go back to work. Take one for the team!
                      Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Originally posted by richf7 View Post

Your boat has a motor and burns fossil fuel. I bet you have a gas guzzling SUV, too.

Some people.
                        Nope, I've got a fuel efficient Subaru Forrester. Its primarily my wife's vehicle
                        I drive a 1999 Ford F150. Fossile fuel consuming 19mpg (on a good day). I'd rather drive my truck, especially long trips, than the Forrester
                        Boat, yeah, it burns gasoline too...and non-ethanol to boot.

Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by ChaChung View Post

HAHA. I'd say you need to sell your boat and go back to work. Take one for the team!
                          Ain't gonna happen. The team can suck it up. I don't claim very many things that I deserve, but I've worked hard for this retirement. Right now, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, I've got a fresh cup of coffee. Retirement is good. I can go fishing later.

Y'all guys be safe out there on the reever. I'm gonna hook up the boat and go drown some minnows somewhere. I'll let you know if I need any help.

Comment

Looks like the inflows have decreased and water releases have caught up with the rising tide.. Now if the rain will hold off some.

USGS.02334400.39450.00062..20190218.20190225..0.gi f by Natureman29, on Flickr

Comment

If the water level website is correct then Lanier is at its third highest recorded level as of this morning. Do downstream residents get warned if they have to release from the emergency sluice/flood down river?

Comment

Don't know what protocol is for that these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X