Can't they give us 1/2 day on the river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't they give us 1/2 day on the river

Power generation all day and no release tonight and start backup Sunday early morning. 1/2 day some weekend please.

Did you miss the entire fact that Lanier has been the second highest itís ever been because of historically high rainfall we have this past winter, lol?! Plus they have to stop generating some so that they donít flood out the lower reservoirs further down the river chain. Just be patient. Probably two more weeks and it will be back to normal. Mountain streams are fishing great right now btw.
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

My point is they are NOT generating on Saturday night. Why not run more on Saturday night as the lake is high and give us like 4 - 6 hours on the river?
      I really do need to try the mountain streams sometime. Whenever i go to the mountains I bring my wife and she doesn't like fishing, so we hike instead.
      Last edited by Army MSG Ret; 03-23-19, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Army MSG Ret View Post
        My point is they are NOT generating on Saturday night. Why not run more on Saturday night as the lake is high and give us like 4 - 6 hours on the river?
        I really do need to try the mountain streams sometime. Whenever i go to the mountains I bring my wife and she doesn't like fishing, so we hike instead.
        Because people arenít running their ACís at night or most of their electronics. If you attend the Spring Fling next weekend, supposedly a rep from the COE will be on hand to answer questions.
        #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
        -PH

Comment

Sounds good,, thanks for info on the spring fling. Guess I came across as a whiner, but I really do appreciate the work the COE does. Just a little frustrating to see they turn off the release just for the evenings this weekend.

Comment

Please, how many people are running their AC already? Are you a spokesman for the COE?

Comment

Originally posted by caddis_fly_1 View Post
              Please, how many people are running their AC already? Are you a spokesman for the COE?
              And you are whining or trying to start unnecessary drama because??? Look OP and I clearly talked things through and they have a potential outlet for an answer to their question.
              #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
              -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Army MSG Ret View Post
                Thereís about 500 boats fishing tournaments on Lanier this weekend. It fishes better when theyíre pulling.

The COE doesnít care about fishing, but if they did Bass would win anyways.

I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

The COE is fulfilling its flood control mission. As far as no release at night you will have to ask them. There are plenty of other places to fish right now. North GA streams are looking the best in years.
                  Last edited by natureman; 03-25-19, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X