April 13 fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 13 fishing

Was trying get on the water today. JB or IF but just heard they are releasing starting at 5 am until 11 pm both today and tomorrow.

Is it even worth trying to get out there ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's not worth it, the river at this level of flow is dangerous from the dam all the way down
    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

The Hooch may not be worth it, but there are trout to be caught. Go NorthEast, Hooch in Helen, Smith, bluelines, all fishing pretty good right now.
      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Would it be going out on a limb to say when releases get back to normal (whatever that is) fishing will be amazing?
        All fishermen are liars except you and I...and I’m not so sure about you.

Comment

Richf7
          When the water get back to "normal" there will be trout all the way down to West Point. But you will need to bring your own rock to stand on because it will be so crowded. There are folks loosing their minds because the hooch has had a steady release for almost 2 months now. When the COE has given us a brake in releasing its almost been combat fishing.
          "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Glad I somehow caught some strange “Warm Water” virus this year.
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

The upper tailrace has been fishing really well on the rare weekend day that it’s been at low flow.

as for the DH, I spoke with one of the fisheries biologist and according to him my catch rates in a tributary over 6 miles away from the stocking point equaled his catch rate the last time he shocked the DH. And I caught two which should give you an idea of how spread out those fish are.

Comment

Working...
              X