Bank Fishing On The Hooch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Fishing On The Hooch

At the moment, the most I am able to do is bank fishing with a spinning reel on the Hooch between Buford Dam and Jones Bridge. Any favorite places to bank fish between this stretch? Favorite tackle/lures? My Sons are really enjoying spending the morning out on the water. Any advice/direction or even good stories are appreciated. Thanks all!

Hey Zack -- check out Settles Bridge if you haven't already. At normal flows there are a lot of rocks and access to fish off the bank. Have fun and be careful, the water can get real deep in certain areas! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Rwill148 View Post
      Hey Zack -- check out Settles Bridge if you haven't already. At normal flows there are a lot of rocks and access to fish off the bank. Have fun and be careful, the water can get real deep in certain areas! Good luck
      Is Settles better than Jones bridge?

Comment

Normal flow, what's that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trout Hunter 18 View Post

Is Settles better than Jones bridge?
          I think Jones bridge has more fishable water for both bank fishermen and wade fishermen. The trails go up and down pretty far with decent access to the river. I may be wrong though... I've only fished settles a handful of times.
          Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Originally posted by Rwill148 View Post
            Hey Zack -- check out Settles Bridge if you haven't already.
            By mindful that anglers fishing the river from Ga. Hwy 20 to the boat ramp at the National Park Service Medlock Bridge Park immediately upstream of Ga. Hwy 141 are restricted to using artificial lures only.

Law enforcement is starting to routinely patrol up there again.

When I have fished with lures, I was a big fan of the Mepps spinners in the smaller sizes because the blades seemed to spin better that others. Colors depend on the water clarity.
            Last edited by THE EG; 04-16-19, 10:29 AM.
            If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by ZackJamesCole View Post
              At the moment, the most I am able to do is bank fishing with a spinning reel on the Hooch between Buford Dam and Jones Bridge. Any favorite places to bank fish between this stretch? Favorite tackle/lures? My Sons are really enjoying spending the morning out on the water. Any advice/direction or even good stories are appreciated. Thanks all!
              Amicalola Falls State Park has a very nice trout pond with a paved sidewalk along the bank. Itís hit or miss depending on the stocking schedule, but the trout are decent size and easily caught with Power Bait. Itís fairly small and gets crowded, so itís best to get there early. My grandsons had a blast (and I did, too).
              All fishermen are liars except you and I...and I’m not so sure about you.

Comment

Working...
              X