Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end in sight for these all day releases?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end in sight for these all day releases?

The lake is just about a foot over full pool and there is no significant rain forecasted for the next 10 days. Are we really going to get down to 1071 and possibly below full pool? Going back to minimal flows and just a couple of hrs of release per day sounds like a dream.
    Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

The end is definitely in sight. Last week, upon the pool going below 1072, they started easing up on releases. With today's big release, I think either tomorrow or Thursday will be the start of shorter releases and lots of time to fish.

Comment

Oh man.... sounds too good to be true. haha. How long has it been? Since December?

Comment

Something like December 26th is when it all started. The future is bright.

Comment

Might be as early as this weekend or possibly next week from watching the releases and lake level. Though you guys need to pay attention to the 'change since yesterday' bullet they include. The lake has gone up the past 48hrs by almost a tenth of a foot. It could take a bit longer than we expect due to inflows from upstream. I am just as excited as everyone else though.
          #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
          -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
          -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
          -PH

Comment

You may have glanced over it incorrectly. It says up by "0.01 feet" since yesterday, a single percentage of a foot.

Lake level is now under 1072 and today's release started at 11 am, which is perfect for (myself and) anybody who has time to fish in the morning. People who fish after work are obviously not as lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
              You may have glanced over it incorrectly. It says up by "0.01 feet" since yesterday, a single percentage of a foot.

Lake level is now under 1072 and today's release started at 11 am, which is perfect for (myself and) anybody who has time to fish in the morning. People who fish after work are obviously not as lucky.
              No I look at it daily. I may have miscommunicated what I was implying though. Yesterday combined with the previous days data showed gains combined of .1 of a foot. Does that make better sense?
              #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
              -PH

Comment

I can't say I saw a rise that large but I could have definitely missed it before releases started.

I was hoping they'd tone it down a bit as there isn't much rain in the forecast but they've been going all day today. Maybe they might need the electricity. Hoping for a break tomorrow morning.

Comment

Maybe they're releasing a lot during the week so they can give people a break on Saturday and Sunday... is that too hopeful?

Comment

I can't say I saw a rise that large but I could have definitely missed it before releases started.

I was hoping they'd tone it down a bit as there isn't much rain in the forecast but they've been going all day today. Maybe they might need the electricity. Hoping for a break tomorrow morning.
                    I usually check it often and early. From what I have been told and from what natureman has mentioned in the past as well as others, Buford Dam provides only like 5-10% of the local power needs. What I have noticed is on high temperature days even if they do an all day release, it usually spikes in the afternoon to cover the power needs and that has definitely been the case lately. I will certainly be glad once they get back to lower levels and using the scheduling page. Also, if you guys are available, you should attend the May 28th UCCTU meeting at Ippilito's in Roswell. They are going to have a panel discussion with NPS reps, COE reps, DNR reps, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper reps, Chris Scalley and other local people that care about the river to try and formulate a plan to help conserve the river. There is growing concern for the rivers health with all the current development occurring and the lack of enforcement by the state to protect our water ways.
                    #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                    -PH

Comment

I wasn't expecting an all day release today. With all the hot and dry weather coming in, I thought they'd try to retain the lake level but they seem to really be going at it.

Comment

I wasn't expecting an all day release today. With all the hot and dry weather coming in, I thought they'd try to retain the lake level but they seem to really be going at it.
                        Because we are still above Full Summer Pool of 1071ft ASL. Until we hit that number expect similar releases and pray this weekend they ease the hammer back.
                        #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                        -PH

Comment

Go ahead and Queue up complaints in 6 months that the lake is low and they should have held back water because min flow is 600 and trout are dying.

play the hand that’s dealt
                          I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                            Go ahead and Queue up complaints in 6 months that the lake is low and they should have held back water because min flow is 600 and trout are dying.

play the hand that’s dealt
                            Yep....and the COE won't give a rip. Except it won't be 6 months, more like 3 to 4 months. 6 months puts us into November
                            Play the hand thats dealt
                            BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                            Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

I played the low water hand this weekend. Ended up putting 57 fish in the boat for both days including some nice bass on saturday. The river will fish REALLY hot for the next two weeks then it should slow down some as the fish get refamiliarized with flies & lures in their faces.
                              #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                              -PH

Comment

Working...
                              X