Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end in sight for these all day releases?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
    The fish were hungry on Sunday. Fat hearty hold over bows were chasing streamers in the broad daylight. Had to go a little deeper than usual given the super clear water and blue bird day. But man they wanted to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much how it was all weekend except monday morning at JB. Good numbers and some decent size to the fish too with several 18-20" fish. Scared up a couple of big fish but could not get them to commit.
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

I don't think the COE cares about the river.
      Just the energy production and the lake folk.
      The river is under Forest service recreation purview, I think.

It'll be a bass fishery in another decadexi have no doubt about that

Comment

It'll be a bass fishery in another decade, I have no doubt about that

It does represent a safety issue. I had a student tell me this morning that he just got into trout fishing.. Went to medlock a few times, then one day the river was insane. He's using a float tube and he said it took a fourth the time to get downstream and he missed his takeout...
        The website he checked, probably an old one didn't show a release.
        I'm glad I have a reasonably flexible schedule

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post

It'll be a bass fishery in another decade, I have no doubt about that

It does represent a safety issue. I had a student tell me this morning that he just got into trout fishing.. Went to medlock a few times, then one day the river was insane. He's using a float tube and he said it took a fourth the time to get downstream and he missed his takeout...
          The website he checked, probably an old one didn't show a release.
          I'm glad I have a reasonably flexible schedule

COE certainly doesnít care for the lake folks. I agree though that they value ruining a natural resource for money rather than conserving the river & watershed system and Iím less than impressed with how they have been operating the past couple months with zero effort to fix the website or call people back when Iíve tried to find info out about the site and other things. I understand itís a big project but our taxes help to run the COE and open communication would be appreciated. This is where unfortunately we are going to have to lean on our local congressional representatives to let them know what is going on Steve.
          #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
          -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
          -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
          -PH

Comment

It was kinda sad to see the river above McGinnis, the constant releases did a number to the river banks. Lots of new trees that have fallen in and there are still a ton with roots exposed about to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post

COE certainly doesnít care for the lake folks. I agree though that they value ruining a natural resource for money rather than conserving the river & watershed system and Iím less than impressed with how they have been operating the past couple months with zero effort to fix the website or call people back when Iíve tried to find info out about the site and other things. I understand itís a big project but our taxes help to run the COE and open communication would be appreciated. This is where unfortunately we are going to have to lean on our local congressional representatives to let them know what is going on Steve.

The least sentence is dead on. Congressional representatives provide constituent services to assist the public with cutting the red tape we experience with federal agencies. Itís as simple as going to your congressmanís website and filling out a simple electronic form. Many years ago I couldnít get my late fatherís WW2 records. I contacted my senatorís client services person and had the records within a couple of weeks.

i donít know if they could help with the COE, but it sure couldnít hurt to try as long as weíre consistent with our concerns.
              All fishermen are liars except you and I...and I’m not so sure about you.

Comment

A midnight release on Saturday? AYKM????

No way to fish JB Sunday morning. Iím way past frustrated with the COEís mindless schedule.
                All fishermen are liars except you and I...and I’m not so sure about you.

Comment

The dam is just 20 minutes up the road and should be fish-able.
                  @glennmau

Comment

I share the frustration with the water release schedule website not working for an extraordinary long time which is a valid complaint. We most likely will never know why. However, opinions voiced here about the COE not caring about downstream users IMO are just plain wrong. Whether it is because of poor agency communication as some have mentioned or folks just not understanding how the agency works.

From my experience they do not release to please the power lobby nor do they maintain higher lake levels to keep the lake property owners happy. They never have nor will they ever do that. They will stick to their recently updated water management manual and hydropower production contracts as close as possible and that is simply not going to make everybody happy. If they are not following the plan or you want it changed then that is what your congressman is for.

Finally, do you think it is practical for the COE to publicly validate every single water release from the dam? What other agency does that?
                    Last edited by natureman; 06-09-19, 10:56 AM.

Comment

No release tomorrow. Just mud from every creek coming into the river.
                      https://youtu.be/66pTLdvrClk
                      https://youtu.be/Gu2pVPWGYMQ
                      https://youtu.be/bDRbF80NKDU

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                      -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Working...
                      X