Out fished by a 6 yr old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out fished by a 6 yr old

Life's been pretty busy and this summer i haven't had much time to spend o n the water either wading or floating. (I've been out but just not as much as I'd like)

Last Thursday afternoon i was able to take the 6 yr old out on the Gheenoe to our favorite stretch of the river to do a little fishing. To keep the story short, he got 3 to net and i got 2.

image_20757.jpg

I usually nymph but lately I've been trying out my hand on streamer fishing with a sink tip line. So i started out nymphing and got the skunk off rather quickly and then proceeded to throw some streamers. I had a bunch of follows, a few strikes and few hooked and one landed on the streamer. I threw different colors and sizes of sex dungeon and wooly buggers. My son, on the other hand, caught several on the rapala.

Needless to say, my son was super excited to have outfished daddy.
    Last edited by ChaChung; 08-12-19, 09:26 AM.
    Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Good for him. Better for you!

Comment

Nice! Nothing better than getting out during the week without the crowds.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by connectionbound View Post
        Nice! Nothing better than getting out during the week without the crowds.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
        That's why I try to get out on Thursday or Friday afternoons if possible. Too bad someone was already at our favorite spot when we got there so we didn't get to fish the "prime" waters but we had a great time and I really enjoy watching my kid get a kick out of catching fish. It's crazy how even at that age he'll go home and exaggerate the size of the fish he caught to his mom and his sister.

Comment

How is it below the dam evenings during the week? I've been wanting to try it and finally broke down and bought a PFD. Was thinking I would get there around 6:00pm or so depending on the generating schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by kmccrary View Post
            How is it below the dam evenings during the week? I've been wanting to try it and finally broke down and bought a PFD. Was thinking I would get there around 6:00pm or so depending on the generating schedule.
            Should be good. I don't frequent that area but whenever I've been there on a weekday it is much quieter than Sat or Sun. That's not saying a whole lot since it's a zoo up there on weekends. That being said, I've never had the water alone up there even on weekday afternoons but you should be able to find plenty of space to fish. Others who fish the dam a lot can probably chime in with their experience. I fish much further downstream most of the time.

Comment

Working...
            X