Dam good numbers, but little

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dam good numbers, but little

Since I moved to North Georgia, and in the middle of building a home, my trips to the dam have been few and far between. Saturday I made the drive down to get in some cold water for a change its been the longest stretch of no fishing for me in years. I had a guide trip there last week though and I knew what I was in for.

The renovation of the Burton Hatchery meant the relocation of a ton of small rainbows in the 4 to 7 inch range to Buford Dam. I caught at least 50 of them with a traditional stocker in the mix here and there. The browns were pretty eager as well and numbered close to 20, but they were on the small size as well other than a couple in the 10 inch range.

The water has already become very soupy so the fish seemed more active from the tip of Bowmans down where the oxygen levels begin to get better. The bows were mostly in slow water near current in pockets (often stacked up in numbers), the browns were spread out but in faster stuff as a general rule.

Since the water clarity is bad I go a little larger and flashier this time of year. Most fish came on a size 16 with a few on a midge. Got to see a few friends and familiar faces including a Gatorbyte sighting as he floated by on his way to Settles.

All in all a great way to spend a Saturday Morning.

http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Thanks for the report! Keep us posted on any more website sales/discounts/ promocodes .

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by connectionbound View Post
      Thanks for the report! Keep us posted on any more website sales/discounts/ promocodes .

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
      Will do, I should be putting something together soon.
      http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Great! Thanks for the report, T. Very informative! I need to get up there and hook some of those fingerlings before they're all gone.
        Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Bonedog and I floated Sunday. Those little bows were stacked up all the way to Settles. Amazing day for sheer numbers if your into 5-6 fish. Did pull out a few nice ones too.
          I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X