X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulton spills raw sewage in Chattahoochee basin

Yikes - Hate to see this - FYI

http://www.wgst.com/cc-common/news/s...rticle=5108726

If you fall in down there around the dh area, keep your head above water and keep those lips tight! I woudn't be moistening by tippet knots with my mouth either.

Comment

Yep..

..I am careful not to touch wet hands to mouth, eyes, or nose after getting them wet or handling a fish.

I had some, um, ahem, SEVERE gastrointesitnal difficulties I am convinced were linked to Hooch DH water.
      Behold the Fisherman:
      He riseth up early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household.
      Mighty are his preparations he goeth forth full of hope.
      When the day is far spent he returneth,
      Smelling of strong drink and the truth is not in him.

Comment

just for the sake of discussion, I wonder how much of this crap would be held in Bull Sluice before making it down to the DH area while they are cleaning up?

I guess that I'll have to wait the standard 5-7 days to see if it was a mistake to moisten my knots by mouth yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxGoldenrod View Post
          just for the sake of discussion, I wonder how much of this crap would be held in Bull Sluice before making it down to the DH area while they are cleaning up?

I guess that I'll have to wait the standard 5-7 days to see if it was a mistake to moisten my knots by mouth yesterday...
          You actually think they clean it up???

The cleanup process is to just let it flow on down stream.

And you guys wonder why you never see me in that flowing cesspool.
          "Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am."

Comment

CRAP!!!! This is the worst thing about fishing in the Hooch in Atlanta!
            "Often, I have been exhausted on trout streams, uncomfortable, wet, cold, briar scarred, sunburned, mosquito-bitten, but never, with a fly rod in my hand, have I been in a place that was less than beautiful."

~by Charles Kuralt-1990~

Comment

Originally posted by mudpuppy View Post
              CRAP!!!!
              Yes Deb, you are correct.
              By reading the above post the reader hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm and humor (both attempted and actual) or other contents which might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldnít read the Post or take it seriously. If Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the Post seriously as mentioned above, then it is the Readerís own fault and I donít want to hear about it.
              sigpic

Comment

Not sure how accurate these monitors are but looking as this Bacteria Alert Site for the Chattahoochee, Medlock Bridge and Paces do not show any Alerts.

http://ga2.er.usgs.gov/bacteria/default.cfm

I still would play it safe and use commonsense while you are out there.
                Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
                sigpic

Comment

Come on.

This is no big deal, just keeps your immune system on it's toes and puts a little hair on your chest.

Comment

Working...
                  X