how much rain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much rain

was goin to fish the hooch tomorrow and wanted to know if yall got enough rain to blow it out around whitewater?
    "I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong."

www.thegeorgiafly.com

Benjamin VanDevender, ACI (Adaptive Fly Fishing Casting Instructor/TAG (Therapeutic Adaptive Guide)

go to http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?02336000

The current turbidity is at 61, the fishing is usually good when it is around 10. So, yes it is definately blown out..
    "We fish because of the places it takes us, the adventure it offers and the way that it lets us escape, but most of all, we fish because it's fun." -RISE-

Comment

yuck

61 is ooey gooey
      sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
      "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

No DH this weekend.

FM
        The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Head a couple more hours north to the mountains. It will be worth your drive if you have the time.
          "I live by the 6 F's - Family, Friends, Fishing, Football, Food & Fermented Beverages."

Comment

I just got back from the dam, what a morning I stopped counting after about 15. The corn chuckers looked pretty confused. Lots of little browns

Comment

Down to 25 at 2:00ish and falling. The weekend might be OK...

Comment

I've caught fish at cochran sholes when it was 19 at paces!!! the only slam that I have caught came on a day like that! two hours of fishing and 15 to hand! It was a great day!

Comment

Last weekend

I fished Paces last Fri., Sat., and Sunday, with Fri. and Sat. at about 20-25. Landed about 5-6 on the first two days in muddy water, but I was certainly not the only one out there, and most seemed to be having some luck. I would definately give it a shot with a turbidity of 20, just don't expect a killer day IMO.
                  Col. Forbin

Comment

well its down to 12

just checked it is down to 12, wow it is falling fast...why would that be?
                    "I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong."

www.thegeorgiafly.com

Benjamin VanDevender, ACI (Adaptive Fly Fishing Casting Instructor/TAG (Therapeutic Adaptive Guide)

Comment

I gotta say, the river sure looked fishable to me when I drove over the 75 bridge this evening. It certainly was stained, but not the yoohoo I was expecting.
                      Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                      Simple Goat Herder
                      Former NGTO President
                      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

why turbidity dropping so fast

I think the river will be fishable as early as Sat am.

Benvan - you asked why is the turbidity is dropping so fast. Living close to the Hootch, I can tell you the rain last night was exceptionally heavy, but brief and concentrated around Roswell. As a result, I think the turbidity is the result of street and stream bank runoff close to the river rather than from tributary runoff several miles upstream. In other words I think the river flushes itself pretty quickly if it is not getting continual sources of runoff from multiple tributaries.

I am going to give it a try...

Comment

Working...
                        X