Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i am new to the dam, where should i aim to be parking and where should i get in to wade? Any other tips would be incredibly appreciated.

Comment

I (and other anglers there at the time) parked in the first lot on Little Mill Rd off of Buford Dam rd. Then walk the path across the foot bridge and drop in wherever you can and you're good to go.
      @glennmau

Comment

Also, at the dam you must have a PFD. It's 4 dollars to park for the day.
        @glennmau

Comment

Its now $5 a day to park.

Comment

Just purchased a parking pass and it's now $40 for a yearly COE pass.
            "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed with the things you didn't do than by the things you did… Explore. Dream. Discover" Mark Twain, 1879

Comment

Slightly off topic...but does anyone know if the Lower Pool parking lot is open later due to daylight savings time?

Thanks!
              IG: @sham_douglas1

Comment

10 pm started 3/19. But no fishing more than 30 minutes after sunset.
                http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

I purchased a Chattahoochee River NRA pass last July. After reading this thread and actually speaking face to face with a ranger at the dam I was under the impression that the dam respected that pass. Well today I got a warning citation from a different ranger saying that they do not in fact recognize it. I was parked in the gravel lot.
                  I’m confused and a little pissed. I know it’s just a warning but an actual ranger and the cat manning the pay booth looked at the card and told me that it was ok. Now some other ranger claims it’s not.
                  I was hoping someone could point me in a direction of someone I could contact to get the final say on the matter.
                  Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

COE, Chris Arthur 770-945-9531.

Comment

I spoke with a volunteer who has been manning the pay stations for four years. He confirmed what I had heard that the Chattahoochee nra pass is in fact good for Bowman’s island gravel lot.
                      Some how I never noticed the big green Chattahoochee NRA sign at the entrance of the gravel lot.

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
                        I spoke with a volunteer who has been manning the pay stations for four years. He confirmed what I had heard that the Chattahoochee nra pass is in fact good for Bowman’s island gravel lot.
                        Some how I never noticed the big green Chattahoochee NRA sign at the entrance of the gravel lot.
                        No offense but I think you should still talk to Chief Ranger Chris Arthur and add his response to the "sticky". A volunteer response isn't the same as an official response.

Comment

Originally posted by natureman View Post
                          No offense but I think you should still talk to Chief Ranger Chris Arthur and add his response to the "sticky". A volunteer response isn't the same as an official response.
                          Oh yes. I should have mentioned that I still intend on calling him tomorrow. Thanks for the contact info.

Comment

Alright, I finally got ahold of Chris Arthur, chief ranger, and he confirmed it. Both lower pool lots, since they are on the river recognize the CRNRA passes. He said they had made an agreement some time ago. Chris said he will be speaking with the rangers who cited me tomorrow to make sure they are informed of this.

Comment

They’ve also recently installed a sign up near Buford Dam Rd that says National Recreation Passed recognized.
                              THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Please post the GA NRA website for parking passes

I can’t find the website to get the annual NRA parking pass for parking at the dam. Will some one please post the website?

Rex

Comment

Working...
                                X