Jones bridge tomorrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones bridge tomorrow

I am yet to learn how to read the release schedule........Its rocket science I tell you, rocket science............ but how would jones bridge be tomorrow at 8a.m. tomorrow........ thanks in advance
    Sam
    Stop the truck! Why? The fish are jumping

No real science call the number below and add the hours to the release time.

Approximate time in hours for water release crest to reach various locations downstream from Buford Dam. To access information on the generation schedule call 770-945-1466.

Location Jones Bridge

Miles Downstream 19 Miles

Hours to Crest 6.5 Hours

Hours for water to Completely Recede 14 Hours
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Follow the chart at this link:

http://dangerpop.com/rivers/the-chattahoochee-river/

Comment

Release and fishing

It takes about 4:30 hours for the water to start rising at Jones Bridge. To be safe you should start planning an exit around 4:15 after the release. This week they have been releasing in the AM which makes Jones Bridge unfishable after 11 or so. Tomorrow the water will reach Jones around 10:30 or 11. So, if you go to Jones tomorrow go early, or go to Settles after 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by dmbowen3 View Post
          It takes about 4:30 hours for the water to start rising at Jones Bridge. To be safe you should start planning an exit around 4:15 after the release. This week they have been releasing in the AM which makes Jones Bridge unfishable after 11 or so. Tomorrow the water will reach Jones around 10:30 or 11. So, if you go to Jones tomorrow go early, or go to Settles after 10:00.
          I disagree, Uncle Jessie has it right. The water is just arriving at Abbott's at 4:30 after start of release.

Here is a tip: take the times on the link Thetroutslayer gave you, and make a spreadsheet. Then you can call the water release line, input the data into your spreadsheet, and it will calculate the rise and fall at all the different access points. I have 2 days set up side by side, because yesterday's release often effects today's fishing.

FM
          The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Originally posted by fishmonger View Post
            Here is a tip: take the times on the link Thetroutslayer gave you, and make a spreadsheet. Then you can call the water release line, input the data into your spreadsheet, and it will calculate the rise and fall at all the different access points. I have 2 days set up side by side, because yesterday's release often effects today's fishing.FM
            Excel is not my strong suite so I made a chart, laminated it with clear tape and keep it in my float tube, I also have it on file on my computer. It's a simple matter of adding, calculators were still about 20 years in the future or weighed 50 lbs. when I was learning time and adding.
            Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Working...
            X